• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You know you've spent too...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You come to the startling realization during a conversation with several soon-to-be ex-mil pilots with jillions more hours than you that you actually know more about the profession than they do.

I actually felt MORE confident knowing that these clowns were going to be my competition during an interview some day.

Thanks to all for the great info, insight, and especially Mark for putting it all together - and resisting the urge to pull the plug back in 2001 when the flames-to-facts ratio was worse than the bypass ratio of a water wagon!

Schlitz!?? That stuff is trashy. I drink and post with class - Boonesfarm all the way!

You KNOW you've spent too much time on Flightinfo.com

--When you lead the membership in number of posts.

--When you budget your time according to time spent reading the board.

--When you wake up in the middle of the night to read new posts on Flightinfo.com.

--When you feel compelled to run searches to find documentation to support your positions on P-F-T and other issues.

--When every Kit Darby post provokes a knee-jerk reaction on your part in opposition to his pilot "shortage."

--When you love every P-F-T discussion, feel that it's incumbent upon you to advocate against P-F-T in each one, even though most are rehashes of the SOS.

--When you've been out of town for a few days and the first thing you do when you turn on the computer is to log on to Flightinfo.com.

--When your wife knows whom you're talking about when you tell her about specific posters.

--When you see a beater on the road and think that it's someone's "airport car."

--When you run into former students and people who know people you know or have known or know who they are.

--When you run into people who frequented the same restaurants that you did in the cities in which you lived while a pilot.

Finally,

--When you realize how many interesting people you've become acquainted with and how much you enjoy reading their comments, and what a blast it is to participate -

Then you know you've spent too much time on Flightinfo.com.

Last edited:
You know you spend too much time on FlightInfo when...you just got your DSL service hooked up a couple days ago, and you look up and see all of the new replies for the last thirty minutes in ten different threads are yours! :eek:

First of all:

I gotta say that Schlitz IS trashy but hey, I only make a CFI wage!
Second: I know that I spend too much time here...my home page is flightinfo.com. Everytime I open the internet, there it is, staring me in the face, begging me to read the posts! I can't help it!!!!
well, I guess it's time to take the medicine again...:D

Re: You KNOW you've spent too much time on Flightinfo.com

bobbysamd said:
--When you run into people who frequented the same restaurants that you did in the cities in which you lived while a pilot.

...when you end up going to those same restaurants and the conversation over dinner is about either what you read or what someone else wrote on the "board". And for that matter when you refer to the Flightinfo.com Hangar message board as "the board" and you expect that everyone knows what you are talking about.

Cheers,
Skyking

If you go to a "ratings mill" and already know all of the instructors AND students there because of their posts.

If you cut n paste all of your posts to a word document, and have to split it because the program can't handle more than 43 MB of text.

If you rerun your top ten posts from 4 years ago, and everyone notices.

SETI-at-home is running 24/7 on at least 3 of the 10 home computers, Flightinfo.com is on at least 2. . .

If you have nothing else to do, and log on, to start a "you know you're ..... if..." thread.

If you have a lot of stuff you really don't want to do so spend the time adding another post to the "you might be a dorky pilot" thread.

If you haven't missed a week from this site. And you remember the logbook pro version .01 A.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

- When your posts are as long as Avbug's.

- When you know what the latest is with ACA and Mesa, but can't remember what the deal is with your own company.

Latest resources

Back