• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You know what I love about Wal Mart?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's natural to be disappointed about a change like this - I don't understand why people won't allow you to be upset - especially if you feel the situation was handled inappropriately. Those are your feelings.

Regardless, there are plenty of great Challenger jobs out there. With your experience, you won't have many problems. Finding one in a specific geographic area of interest may be a challenge - you may need to broaden your horizons. Upper Midwest, NE and West Coast should provide plenty of leads. You will likely fly much NICER equipment too. I would fly the Lear for now and look for jobs on the side...

Good luck!

It's natural to be disappointed about a change like this - I don't understand why people won't allow you to be upset - especially if you feel the situation was handled inappropriately. Those are your feelings.

Regardless, there are plenty of great Challenger jobs out there. With your experience, you won't have many problems. Finding one in a specific geographic area of interest may be a challenge - you may need to broaden your horizons. Upper Midwest, NE and West Coast should provide plenty of leads. You will likely fly much NICER equipment too. I would fly the Lear for now and look for jobs on the side...

Good luck!
I think the problem most have with his post is because he was just trying to stir the pot against Wal-Mart. Most of his peers understand his frustration and feel it should have been handled better. However, I know that most of the pilots would have rather it be handled in house.

I think the problem most have with his post is because he was just trying to stir the pot against Wal-Mart. Most of his peers understand his frustration and feel it should have been handled better. However, I know that most of the pilots would have rather it be handled in house.

I hear you. I don't know much about W-Mart's aviation mgmt team but it sounds like they could have handled the situation a lot better. That said, these things happen all the time in corporate aviation - a merger or another big event can change everything on a dime. His frustrations are understandable and he won't have a problem finding another good gig with Challenger time and Wal-Mart flight department on his resume. Believe it or not, but there is a world beyond Arkansas!!!!!!!!!

The company that you work for decided that they didn't need the airplane that you fly anymore so they sold it. It doesn't really matter whether you think they should have sold it or not, they did. All of us in the corporate world have jobs that can disappear over night. It's just a hazard of the business. You are fortunate enough to work for a company that has other airplanes that you can still fly. You are not losing your job; you will just take a cut in pay to what every one else flying the same type is making. Maybe you think it could have been handled better but at least they aren't getting rid of you. I do, however, completey understand that it feels good to blow off some steam.

And no I don't work for Walmart nor do I shop there.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back