• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You know what I love about Wal Mart?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It strikes me as funny how quickly most threads on this and other boards degenerate into personal attacks. I simply started this thread to vent a little and see if anyone knew of any good 601 jobs out there... and in a little over 24 hrs I've been attacked multiple times. I guess the anonimity that an online forum give brings out everyones true colors.

I've always heard horror stories about Wal-Mart Aviation over the years.
Good luck to the CL pilots there.

It strikes me as funny how quickly most threads on this and other boards degenerate into personal attacks. I simply started this thread to vent a little and see if anyone knew of any good 601 jobs out there... and in a little over 24 hrs I've been attacked multiple times. I guess the anonimity that an online forum give brings out everyones true colors.

I guess the anonymity brought out your true colors when you started lambasting your company and management team. It's a good thing management isn't the vindictive type or I would feel sorry for the pilots that get stuck flying with you over the next few weeks.

None of the CL pilots are out of a job...period. They can leave and get a very lucrative severance package, move to the Home Office (yuk), or keep flying for Wally World with a pay cut. As much as many of them moaned about how small the raise was to fly the CL, the pay cut shouldn't be that much.

I feel sorry for the pilots that enjoyed flying the international trips. I know they will miss the challenges of international flying and all the cool places they used to go. But I've flown a great deal with these people and I think most of them will suck it up, and take it in stride. However, a pilot who's ego is driven by the type of plane he flies is in the business for the wrong reason and bound to be disappointed sooner or later.

The anonimity of this forum didn't influence anything that I've said here. What I've stated is my extreme displeasure with the management teams' handling of this downsizing. I've not said anything that I haven't either already said or intend to say to management face-to-face. I have not "lambasted" the company, that was done by others. I don't have a rabid hate for the company as some others on this board obviously do. In the 10+ years that I've been here I've worked with some great people, and I wouldn't trade the time spent here for anything. I have simply stated my opinion about how this situation was handled and speculated on possible explanations of why this all came about, which is well within my rights as an American citizen.

I'm not sure exactly how you know we were offered a "very lucrative severance package", as it's not even been offered to us yet. We are meeting with management the first of the week to formally discuss our options.

As for your dislike of me personally, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I have always tried to maintain a professional attitude with my co-workers, as I will continue to do, regardless of where I work or what equipment I'm flying. If you would like to discuss what I've done to displease you, I'd be happy to do so.... I'm sure you have my phone number on the company phone list, but if not, let me know and I'd be happy to PM it to you.

As I've said before, I started this thread partially out of anger and to enquire if anyone out there knew of any Challenger job openings.

Last edited:
The anonimity of this forum didn't influence anything that I've said here. What I've stated is my extreme displeasure with the management teams' handling of this downsizing. I've not said anything that I haven't either already said or intend to say to management face-to-face. I have not "lambasted" the company, that was done by others. I don't have a rabid hate for the company as some others on this board obviously do. In the 10+ years that I've been here I've worked with some great people, and I wouldn't trade the time spent here for anything. I have simply stated my opinion about how this situation was handled and speculated on possible explanations of why this all came about, which is well within my rights as an American citizen.

I'm not sure exactly how you know we were offered a "very lucrative severance package", as it's not even been offered to us yet. We are meeting with management the first of the week to formally discuss our options.

As for your dislike of me personally, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I have always tried to maintain a professional attitude with my co-workers, as I will continue to do, regardless of where I work or what equipment I'm flying. If you would like to discuss what I've done to displease you, I'd be happy to do so.... I'm sure you have my phone number on the company phone list, but if not, let me know and I'd be happy to PM it to you.

As I've said before, I started this thread partially out of anger and to enquire if anyone out there knew of any Challenger job openings.

You say you will always maintain a professional attitude while your description says that your current position is MISSIONARY.

Now I don't care who you are but that's funny!

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist.....

I hope you're not including me as attacking you. Didn't mean it that way and I certainly understand your frustrations. I also didn't realize it was one of those no-notice deals that we often hear about, pretty chickensh!t IMO, but not all that out of the ordinary from what I hear.

Try to enjoy the good news, that you can do domestic while searching for an out. Focusing on the negatives will just do you wrong; believe me, I know.

Good luck!

You say you will always maintain a professional attitude while your description says that your current position is MISSIONARY.

Now I don't care who you are but that's funny!

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist.....

That is funny... I had totally forgotten that I put that there. Part of a professional attitude is a sense of humor, which I try to maintain...

Anyway, I know that it will all work out in the end, it's just a matter of getting there.

Latest resources

Back