• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You Have The Right To Remain Silent

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA, on behalf of ASTAR, has asked the DOJ to check this deal for any antitrust issues. DOJ has not yet decided if it will pursue any investigation.

The Gov and Lt Gov of Ohio have also put a team together to look into antitrust issues. I thought that was in direct contact with the DOJ. Are they not already working together?

ALPA, on behalf of ASTAR, has asked the DOJ to check this deal for any antitrust issues...
I wish you luck, I really do, but then they might as well investigate the US post office. After all, both Fedex and UPS fly their mail - how would that be any different in the eyes of the DOJ?

Here's DHL management's view of the deal...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=761048312

Disclaimer - I'm at brown and feel very sorry for the Astar and Abx employees... :(

Last edited:
I wish you luck, I really do, but then they might as well investigate the US post office. After all, both Fedex and UPS fly their mail - how would that be any different in the eyes of the DOJ?

Here's DHL management's view of the deal...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=761048312

Disclaimer - I'm at brown and feel very sorry for the Astar and Abx employees... :(

AV80R,

I'm also at Brown. I was just repeating some of the info that we found out last night. Just clearing up the air...

AV80R,

I'm also at Brown. I was just repeating some of the info that we found out last night. Just clearing up the air...
Oh, I know, I was quoting you simply because you’d mentioned the DOJ probe not because of something you said... Sorry if my post implied otherwise...

Who needs to investigate????

Put the kibosh to the deal because it just ain't right. Period.

Nearly 8000 out of work, and a community wiped out. This is a no brainier.

Latest resources

Back