Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You gotta wonder about our NWA Cargo 742s.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's hope they stick around for a very long time. I thought cargo was a money maker. Don't they need half the load factor, 180lbs of goods, to produce the same profit, one pax. If they do decide to park them, hopefully they will do that before SOC.

It would be better after SOC so these guys have more options to displace into.

Schwanker

It would be better after SOC so these guys have more options to displace into.

Schwanker

Please, let's don't start again. Let's all hope if, hopefully not, pilots are to be furloughed, the company would do it pre SOC from EITHER COMPANY. Is that better?

Let's keep the positive thinking going, and hope the analysts are right this time. 2nd quarter 09 we're expected to show a profit.

Trust me, I want them to stick around. The potential problem is the 747-200F. UPS just parked their last 2 742s in ROW yesterday, along with an Atlas 742. Kalitta is parking 8 of their 20 747s. I hope there isn't a trend

Air cargo out of Asia is almost entirely driven by retail (mostly garments). So as that market goes so goes the freighter market. Couple that with CNY coming up now it is going to be slow going till middle of 09. I will make an infamous FI prediction that the cargo markets out of Asia bottom at CNY and start back up from there.

I do not see ANC being around. Most of the cargo can be done point to point with out the ANC base. That is just a guess.

It makes an effective hub/spoke for the USA freighters, the Asian carriers use it less and less though. I wouldn't write it off just yet.

Ditto on the ANC-ATL flying. Rumour is that they are looking at South America from ATL. With Kalitta, Atlas, Singapore, Cathay etc reducing schedules across the Pacific, it has made it a little easier for NWA cargo to survive there as well.

Ditto on the ANC-ATL flying. Rumour is that they are looking at South America from ATL. With Kalitta, Atlas, Singapore, Cathay etc reducing schedules across the Pacific, it has made it a little easier for NWA cargo to survive there as well.

Kalitta doesn't reduce their schedule. The company they are flying for, usually a Singapore, NWA or Cathay, reduces their schedule for them. In other words, they fly other companies' freight.

Latest resources

Back