Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You gotta wonder about our NWA Cargo 742s.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You will see the DAl Cargo plans become a little clearer in the next six to 12 months.

Can you make them a little more clear in your next post, please? Such as ANCs chance at staying around. If so, what aircraft would be up here? How much longer at the 742s going to stick around?

Can you make them a little more clear in your next post, please? Such as ANCs chance at staying around. If so, what aircraft would be up here? How much longer at the 742s going to stick around?

I think that is what a lot of us are wondering. When ACL65 says we will all know what the future plans are within the "next 6-12 months"---I just hope we will continue to have a Cargo division flying cargo only planes FOR THE NEXT 6-12 months. We want to have an ANC base, and we want to keep those senior guys UP THERE.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think that is what a lot of us are wondering. When ACL65 says we will all know what the future plans are within the "next 6-12 months"---I just hope we will continue to have a Cargo division flying cargo only planes FOR THE NEXT 6-12 months. We want to have an ANC base, and we want to keep those senior guys UP THERE.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think the Fedex bubbas can give you insight into what's being forecast for the cargo world.

Best of luck to all.

Trust me, I want them to stick around. The potential problem is the 747-200F. UPS just parked their last 2 742s in ROW yesterday, along with an Atlas 742. Kalitta is parking 8 of their 20 747s. I hope there isn't a trend. Seriously, I want us to keep the cargo ops. Fingers crossed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Atlas Air parked four -200's this month and is in the process of furloughing pilots and fe's. We can only hope Boeing will not delay the -800 deliveries.

I do not see ANC being around. Most of the cargo can be done point to point with out the ANC base. That is just a guess.
As for Aircraft, we will see how the financial markets fair the next few months. If we can get financing below 10.5% for new orders you will some major lift put on the five to ten year plan. If not, if is something that in Delta's mind, their cargo can be accomplished under wing.

Heyas,

A LOT of what happens with NWA Cargo has to do with the mix of cargo/pax route authorities. You can't just "turn them off" and run straight pax without pooching the screw and affecting the whole set of route authorities. As I, and others, have said in the past, the NWA route authorities aren't a simple set of routes to/from NRT, but a VERY complex web of interlocking route/landing authorities that is dependent on the MIX of flying.

Understand this, and you understand why things are the way they are.

Nu

Atlas Air parked four -200's this month and is in the process of furloughing pilots and fe's. We can only hope Boeing will not delay the -800 deliveries.
Not sure what -800 you are talking about, but if you refer to the 747-8, yes, it's delayed by at least 8 months.

Latest resources

Back