• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

YIP or ELP for a base???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If single...Elp/if married...does it matter?

ELP

I had these friends who said they liked to hang out at some watering hole called the Lamplighter?...they also told me Rods and Wheels was good too.

cj610

I know I already piped in about this but each has its plus and minus'. Born and raised in MI, did my flight training there and I miss it. Michigan's summers are the best as there is so much to do recreation wise. Its a different type of flying up there like Pilotyip said as the weather is a bit more challenging than the standard ELP clear skys. But with college loans still chasing me, the low cost of living in ELP has certainly helped the pocket books. Its a nice change of life living down here as its laid back, nice weather all the time and just something different than the midwest i've grown up in.

delta whiskey

D-You have way too much time on your hands! Don't you work??? ;)

P.S. I vote YIP. I'm not into the senioritas and I like a little weather now and then. Keeps things interesting.

All you need is one of those kiddie garden pools and a bucket of beer.

Delta W.

wmudriver said:
2 of the big 3 automakers are shutdown for retooling now so its kinda slow so yes I have lots of time on my hands.

BTW A$$clown, We may not have the nice beaches of SJU but there is still plenty of sand around the KELP...don't sell us short.
It's called a desert. Look into it... ;)

It does snow in El Paso.

Remember the Sun Bowl about 10 years ago?

CF34-3B1 said:
There are some astonishingly beautiful women in ELP
THAT is a bold statement. Where the hell were they when I was there?? I spent a little time "based" in ELP and I wasn't too impressed. Seemed like a generally boring and unsophisticated place. The weather was a no-brainer, and that was definitely a nice change from the midwest base.

YIP? Don't know much about being based there - the only thing I remember about YIP is clearing customs in the middle of the night and occasionally catching a ride to the local Denny's in the Jet Center crew van.

pilotshan said:
D-You have way too much time on your hands! Don't you work??? ;)

P.S. I vote YIP. I'm not into the senioritas and I like a little weather now and then. Keeps things interesting.
Hey Shan, didn't you leave Michigan for Eagle in San Juan? Or are you at O'hare?

Latest resources

Back