• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

YIP or ELP for a base???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ELP doesn't have snow, but there is decent sking just a couple of hours away in New Mexico.

No income tax in Texas (assuming you have income to pay taxes).

If you choose Juarez, you'll never have to chance running into PILOTYIP. That should make the choice easy.

Calvin

Just kidding PILOTYIP.

I spent over 10 years in ELP. A big Ditto on the Mexican Food at Forti's!!

Ask yourself this:

It's 4:00 am and you've been flying for three straight days. Do you really want to do the ILS with 1800 RVR in snow,

OR, the visual from fifty miles out and step out of the plane wearing a windbreaker?

Just don't hit one of those very dark mountains whilst decending on the visual, and don't land at Biggs Field.

Plus the golf courses are open year 'round. Try Campestre C.C. in Juarez. No carts, caddies only.

YIP is fantastic!!!

I have worked in every building on the field, my father was working here when I was born, my son works at YIP, it is a family thing. I love it, if you fly out of YIP you will be a great inst pilot or you will be unemployed, you will learn the meaning of a clean airplane first hand, You will log more night time, it is darker here longer, you will be connected to the Spirit hiring pipeline, Two major colleges within bicycling distance of the ramp. Plus you get to see all those beautifull warbirds flying around in the summer. Real pilots accept the challenge of the YIP demanding environment, others are wimps. And if you fly out of YIP for Ameristar you will still spend alot of time in ELP, but it will be on some else's dime.

Pilot Yip.. Your Sick :D I have also worked for every scumbag on that feild and still do. Thats the sad part... I cant get away !! :eek: At least I dont have to live there anymore. :p

Last edited:
Elephants grave yard

All YIP pilots seem to return here, I have tagged a bunch Transcon C-46 days, TIA, TA, Zipper, and finally USA Jet

Last edited:
Elp

I concur with the ELP idea. I was there for awhile we had a convair over at superior. You guys fly a butt load but there is UTEP, skiing (as mentioned), you can save money and plenty of freght dogs to hang with. For me much better than YIP. Good luck DUDE!

Latest resources

Back