YGTBSM - FedEx jumpseating suspended.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sluggo_63 said:
Reading the email over and over, I think that the IT issue is what the point is. IMHO, the company has to stop all non-crewmember PERSONAL jumpseating.

The system will only allow us to book a staging jumpseat from our staging bases.

The site we use to sign up is the same as a non-crewmember uses to sign up.

The computer is not set up to allow just crewmembers use PERSONAL jumpseats, so they have to stop all personal jumpseating until they can only allow crewmember personal jumpseating.

It's clear in my head, but when finger go to keyboard, it sounds confusing. I think it's just a reprogramming issue that's gumming up the works.

I not buying it. This company went for years without using the web to book jumpseats. The jumpseat ladies still answer the phones. Even with the system full up you still can't book any status jumpseat on the 727 on the web. You have to call the jumpseat people to book it. Plus, a crewmember can book a business status jumpseat without any approval and the system doesn't care what your staging base is.
Hope you are right. I've just seen this company "spin" things their way when they needed to make a point with the pilot group.

You guys come fly with us B6 folks all you want...we'll keep a seat open for ya.

Best of luck with this one, dudes. Hang tough.

And Jethro, keep that snake holstered...

dogman said:
I completely agree that stopping personal jumpseating for pilots has to do with informational picketing. I bet this situation won't be resolved until after the shareholding meeting.

Of the 4500 pilots about 4000 are based in MEM. So even if you did have plans to attend Sept 26th you could still fly in from wherever you live to MEM and list as staging. Right?

It does take much for us to get suspicious but I actually think the company computer has been hacked, so to speak. If I am wrong or being naive than than shame on the company.

Personally I would like an explaination by the end of the week but for legal and safety reason it'll probably be longer.

PurpleTail said:
Of the 4500 pilots about 4000 are based in MEM. So even if you did have plans to attend Sept 26th you could still fly in from wherever you live to MEM and list as staging. Right?

It does take much for us to get suspicious but I actually think the company computer has been hacked, so to speak. If I am wrong or being naive than than shame on the company.

Personally I would like an explaination by the end of the week but for legal and safety reason it'll probably be longer.

Only if you are within 3 days of the start or end of a trip or training event.

So the pilots that choose to live in domicle cannot Jump anywhere, since we cannot "stage", yet a month ago before I moved I would reman unaffected. Can't even get home from Drill now with out ACP aproval or going offline. Fricking Joke.

PurpleTail said:
If that's the case, it would make sense to suspend all personal jumpseats immediately. That's not what happened. Instead, all personal jumpseats that were previously reserved may travel, but no more reservations may be made.

It makes no sense.

Whatever the problem, this is not the solution.

Business can still reserve.

CASS can still reserve.

Tony C.,

I've read the email. I take it as the company putting a shot over the bow. If it were legit there would've been more effort to correct, more explanation and more sympathy.

UPS got problems?

Looks like negotiations and the dirty are coming along fine.... After it is all said and done, everybody is friends again, nothing personal...but what about the bitter?

Stay sane.

We not me.

...the passenger carriers will benefit from this, because I think if guys have any heartburn with our own jumpseat program they'll just go ahead and burn up their deviation account buying tickets at the end of trips instead of traveling on the company. As a commuter, I pretty much live off my deviation bank anyway, but I've heard a lot of guys (especially those who live in domicile) save the company a lot of money by not using their entire bank. I wonder if this will cause more of those funds to be spent...

AlbieF15 said:
...the passenger carriers will benefit from this, because I think if guys have any heartburn with our own jumpseat program they'll just go ahead and burn up their deviation account buying tickets at the end of trips instead of traveling on the company. As a commuter, I pretty much live off my deviation bank anyway, but I've heard a lot of guys (especially those who live in domicile) save the company a lot of money by not using their entire bank. I wonder if this will cause more of those funds to be spent...

You can use business category to j/s back to domicile in lieu of using the tickets so the personal j/s ban does not apply. Also, it is a lot easier to ride on our system rather than submit to the loving hands of the TSA.

I don't think that it will have much of an effect on company travel costs.

Latest resources

Back