• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

YGTBSM - FedEx jumpseating suspended.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with Backscratcher. If there is a security problem, Ok, stop the jumpseating. For everyone.

But I don't see how allowing staging/business/CASS is ok when personal crewmember jumpseating is not. If I am allowed on the plane to FLY it, I should be allowed on the plane to ride on it.

I do believe JL was out of the loop- this is coming from somewhere else. Besides, since Fedex is a CASS airline, and they say we are still allowing CASS jumpseating, why can't I sign up for a personal jumpseat and go thru the CASS system?

Something just doesn't add up....

I also listened to the conference call from DW and something he mentioned was that the company was NOT happy that we picked Washington D.C. to do informational pickiting. Not alowing personal jumpseats would stop the jumpseating to the pickiting! Just a thought.

klhoard said:
I have to second USNFDX's analysis. 1) If this had anything to do with contract negotiations, they wouldn't stop the "good" employees from using the jumpseat. and 2) Why would they do something this petty that will only have the same effect as the Optimizer?

The more I think about this whole thing the more things just don't add up. Lets' see... OK to jumpseat in one case but not OK to jumpseat in another... even if it is the same crewmember! OK for an offline CASS pilot but not OK for a FedEx pilot! OK if the company saves money (i.e. business status for non-pilots OK) but not OK for personal travel!

As for klhoard's observation above... I think they would ABSOLUTELY stop personal jumpseats for everyone to get to the crewforce! Think about it... still OK to save money using business status! I think this has everything to do with the informational picketing. Now where is the next stop to get on that conspiracy theory bandwagon?!:eek:

Good luck guys. I can emphasize with you. I can't figure out completely if your hauling other carriers pilots but if not, no one in my airline would get ever get bent about you guys jumpseating. Even if you never got this fixed, you would always be welcome on our airline. As you always have.

Even klhoard!;) :) Even though I can't figure out his name either.:confused:

TAZ MAN said:
Good luck guys. I can emphasize with you. I can't figure out completely if your hauling other carriers pilots but if not, no one in my airline would get ever get bent about you guys jumpseating. Even if you never got this fixed, you would always be welcome on our airline. As you always have.

Even klhoard!;) :) Even though I can't figure out his name either.:confused:

Thanks TAZ... I know you and I have bumped heads on this board before but thanks for the support on this one... Jethro:)

I completely agree that stopping personal jumpseating for pilots has to do with informational picketing. I bet this situation won't be resolved until after the shareholding meeting.

JethroF15 said:
Thanks TAZ... I know you and I have bumped heads on this board before but thanks for the support on this one... Jethro:)

You always have my support brutha. This forum is for some information and entertainment only. I try not to take this too seriously. There is no way that any of us would behave like this if we had to put our name out there.

I least I hope not.:eek: :eek: :D

Reading the email over and over, I think that the IT issue is what the point is. IMHO, the company has to stop all non-crewmember PERSONAL jumpseating.

The system will only allow us to book a staging jumpseat from our staging bases.

The site we use to sign up is the same as a non-crewmember uses to sign up.

The computer is not set up to allow just crewmembers use PERSONAL jumpseats, so they have to stop all personal jumpseating until they can only allow crewmember personal jumpseating.

It's clear in my head, but when finger go to keyboard, it sounds confusing. I think it's just a reprogramming issue that's gumming up the works.

Latest resources

Back