Yet another pilot needed at Coca-Cola

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyguy6,
True we have "Fitreps" in the Navy just like the Army has Evals. Unfortunately, some bad apples do get through. No comment on Mr. Cochran, because I just don't know, just commenting on the system.

And with that being said, I seen it just the oposite also. Good pilots being lead out of the military due to bad evals.

glenn

I dont know what you guys have been smoking, but I just took a tour of the Coke aviation department and had a conversation with Donnie Cochran. He is still very much at coke and he is a VP intheir flight dept. SO, I dont know what you guys are talking about.

Flyguy6 said:
Before my twp posts yesterday, my last post was Oct 1. That was three months ago. Thats a long time for me. Thanks for looking into that.

I was stunned by all the negative comments i read about Donnie Cochran. I find it truly hard to believe that this man was a Navy Pilot. Made it to the rank of Cdr and was a substandard pilot. Officers have to get evaluation reports ( thats what we call them in the army, not sure what ther Navy calls them) yearly. He must have done something right to get to the rank he had. Oh wait, I know. He got promoted because he is Black and the Navy wanted to promote minorities to boost enlistment right? It couldnt have been because he is a good officer and a good pilot. Blue ANgel pilots do nothing differant then any other fighter pilot. They do basic manuevers all pilots learn at flight school. So, basically I am saying I am not sure all the comments are warrented. And for the record. He is not the Chief Pilot at Coca-Cola. He does work in the flight department, but I forget his exact title.

"Blue ANgel pilots do nothing differant then any other fighter pilot."?

I'm not a Navy guy but the Blue Angels are supposed to represent their best so they don't put "any fighter pilot" there. Perhaps he was put in that position to take advantage of his race but that doesn't mean he was "promoted because he is Black". Rank and position are two different things. I haven't met him but I'd say give the man a break. He recognized he wasn't up to the job and resigned. It sounds like he had the best interests of his team and service at heart. That is a sign of a leader. I know nothing about his time at Coke but but as far as his Navy time it appears to me he made some errors and took responsibility for them. I wouldn't be so quick to judge without having walked in his shoes.

Latest resources

Back