Yet another JB vs CAL thread

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedTwice said:
And which one is that? You must have found the crystal ball we have all been looking for.
I think it's called Sarcasm Airways ... Occam's Razor is the CEO. Lowecur cooks the books, Frank Lorenzo is the MEC chairman and USN/FDX and SWA/FO train the (male) flight attendants.

They are both good companies. A lot depends on your friend's situation. I know some people are turned off by the lack of benefits at CAL for the first 6 months. If your friend has a working spouse with coverage it should be a factor he/she considers. Same goes for 1st year pay.

As far as a merger goes, it may or may not be a inevitable -- analysts were saying the same thing in the 1990's. I remember reading "Turbulent Skies" -- written by Ott and Niedl I believe -- which claimed there woud only be 3 major/global airlines plus Southwest flying by the end of the 90's. In any event, with so many retirements at CAL, I think furloughs would be unlikely but upgrades would come to a halt (depending on UAL's list -- UAL, did I say UAL?)

Everything is in the hands of the banks and leasing companies.

PS: I miss the bus, too.

Latest resources

Back