Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NEDude

yada yada yada
Yes, I know it has been cover ad nauseum. But here is another.

Does anyone have exerience with PanAm in Miami? They currently have a special in the -200 for $6995, including hotel costs.

Any inputs would be helpful.

Thanks

did training and type with them/ryan. before we had an independent program for training (not sure if they have one now or not) we used panam. combo of their instructors and ours. we trained using the 200 and 400.

really not sure about a seperate package program.

fbt

Aeroservice

NEDude: You may want to consider AeroService, also in MIA. The price a few years ago was similar, but it was in a round dial B737-300. Just a thought.

Swimmer

NE,

Disregard the above post about Aeroservices, Inc in MIA. That place has to be the hands down WORST place to get a type. I know, I went there.

Totally unprofessional, and no clue how to run a groundschool or a sim.

Complete bunch of bafoons running the place that will tell you ANY thing to get you down there.

I wouldn't send my worst enemy there for a type.

NEDude: I also got my type at Aero Services, and didn't have any problems. While it was not the most organized outfit, it got the job done...and it was cheap!
If you prepare ahead of time with the materials that they send you, it is really not any different than any other type rating.

I'm not trying to sell you on the place, but I just wanted to make you aware that they are there, and I saved a bunch of $$$ compared to other places.

Swimmer

In my friend's class (4), Aeroservices' training center evaluator busted every person. They busted on the MOST niddly of things in the sim.

It is of my opinion that they did this so they could charge all of them an extra $1,800.00.

Do yourself a favor and go to HP or one of the other places that gets no BAD recommendations. It'll be money well spent.

I saved some $$ by going to Aeroservices, and passed on the 1st try, but I'd go ANYWHERE else if I had to do it all over again.

Just a word of warning...take it for what it's worth.

B737 Type

Guys dont forget FTI in Denver, 5995.00. Great instructors, they use the UA sim -200, just walk across the street from the hotel.

NEDude,

Some thoughts but before I say anything I will tell you I"m very familiar with Higher Power Aviation http://www.jetcrew.com having been a ground instructor there. I know these folks well.

I also received my 737 type from a different location & can tell you there is a big difference between type schools. If it is only about the money, go with the cheapest one. If you wish to join an organization that is about relationship building then I would highly consider Higher Power. There are other good type schools out there but none that I know that does the following in terms of helping folks pursue their aviation careers.

1. They produce an electronic newsletter that provides a wealth of information for someone in pursuit of advancing their aviation career. It comes out every 2 months & is free for all HPA grads as long as they keep up a current email address.

2. Does the type school you look at provide training for this wide a variety of clients, i.e. FAA examiners, US Navy contracts (requires extensive reviews of practices & training procedures), other civilian corporations that use their services extensively....many corporate clients

3. Provide a wealth of information on various airlines and hiring practices to include Southwest, AirTran, other LCCs & has a great rep with all of them.

What I'm say is your relationship with Higher Power Aviation doesn't end after your checkride. After I took my checkride at the type school I went through I never heard from them again, no contact, no nothing. Was I expecting it? No since I wasn't familiar with what the standard is....I went with what was cheapest at the time also.

However after seeing how a different school operates it would be a very different choice in my mind. I relate it to my military experience....it is kind of like joining a squadron/unit or consider it like a flt ops department if you're civilian. You have the choice to join an organization (by paying the fee) that will help you well after the checkride & has the ability to utilize the network of HPA grads (they do a great job of networking) to help others achieve their aviation goals. jOr you have the choice to join a flt ops outfit/squadron that will appreciate your attendance but is not geared toward "the relationship" building & career building that I believe Higher Power & its graduates have as their goal.

I get nothing for these type of referrals but wish only to inform folks before they spend big bucks on a piece of paper...each place will provide it, but with one you'll walk away knowing you will have gotten much more for your money than merely a piece of paper. Good luck to you...PM me if you wish to chat further. cheers,

I assume your desire is to work at Southwest Airlines or some other major carrier that flies 737s.

CRJ Driver said:
Guys dont forget FTI in Denver, 5995.00. Great instructors, they use the UA sim -200, just walk across the street from the hotel.
Last I heard they have a package deal, too, that includes hotel room for like $6495.

Latest resources

Back