• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Yay Atlas got a new contract..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.....after 13 days you're on overtime (correct me if I'm wrong).

Last edited:
If u r away from home for 17 days, it's my understanding u will earn over 80 hours for the month once u factor in the CRT

CRT starts at report time in your base and ends upon return. Unless you show at 0001z on day one and finnish at 2359z on the 17th then 82+ in 17 days is unrealistic. 75 ish average would be my guess for 17 duty days. Just a guess though.

CRT starts at report time in your base and ends upon return. Unless you show at 0001z on day one and finnish at 2359z on the 17th then 82+ in 17 days is unrealistic. 75 ish average would be my guess for 17 duty days. Just a guess though.

That is correct. Plus 5 days off between trips or the rig clock keeps running. Minimum off between 17 on is now 7 days off unless you wave it so no more 34 days on possibility. Not that it happened very often.

Are your rigs 4.85 hrs of pay per day minimum or 1 hr of pay for every 4.85 TAFB?? I've heard both.

Both are almost right but either way it works out to almost 5hrs minimum of pay for 24hrs of duty. It's worded funny in the contract buy when you work it out thats what it becomes. Clear as mudd?

1 hr of pay for each 4.95hr of duty. 24/4.95=4.848. It is a trip rig not a min day. So if you are on 15hrs of duty the first day on the first day will pay 15/4.95=3.03hr of pay or block or credit which ever is higher. The only true way to look at it is to add all duty hours for the month divided by 4.95. Then you will get paid the higher of Rig, Block or Credit for the month. So in a week you fly a lot of block for 5 of the 7 days and sit in hotels for the other 2 you may not be paid for sitting in the hotel those 2 days because the block in 7 will be more than the rig for 7 days. Example 7 days of rig = 33.95 but you fly 35 hrs of block during those 5 days, you get paid 35 hrs not 35 plus the 4.85x2 for the hotel days. But if like me you sit for six days at the Five Clowns Motel then fly one leg to Germany 7hrs I would get paid 33.95hrs for the week! Hope this clears it up a little.

1 hr of pay for each 4.95hr of duty. 24/4.95=4.848. It is a trip rig not a min day. So if you are on 15hrs of duty the first day on the first day will pay 15/4.95=3.03hr of pay or block or credit which ever is higher. The only true way to look at it is to add all duty hours for the month divided by 4.95. Then you will get paid the higher of Rig, Block or Credit for the month. So in a week you fly a lot of block for 5 of the 7 days and sit in hotels for the other 2 you may not be paid for sitting in the hotel those 2 days because the block in 7 will be more than the rig for 7 days. Example 7 days of rig = 33.95 but you fly 35 hrs of block during those 5 days, you get paid 35 hrs not 35 plus the 4.85x2 for the hotel days. But if like me you sit for six days at the Five Clowns Motel then fly one leg to Germany 7hrs I would get paid 33.95hrs for the week! Hope this clears it up a little.

The rig pays 1 hour of flight pay for 4.95 hours on an assignment (not on duty). That equals 4.84 hours of pay in a 24 hour day. It is a monthly look back for pay calculated. It starts when you report for your first assignment.

Latest resources

Back