• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Yankee Pitcher owner/pilot of Cr22 into building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A Cirrus does not cruise at 100 MPH and the wind was out of the south east that day. Take a look at those numbers, but also let the NTSB do their job.

I know a Cirrus doesn't cruise at 100mph... I was giving them some credit for not trying a max performance turn at cruise speed. Any less than 100mph (91knots) in a Cirrus, clean, is asking for trouble...

How many accidents have they had in the past 40 years in that corridor? Shouldn't they begin banning far more dangerous activities, like landing?

I don't see them closing down Disneyworld and how many people have died there over the years?

I know a Cirrus doesn't cruise at 100mph... I was giving them some credit for not trying a max performance turn at cruise speed. Any less than 100mph (91knots) in a Cirrus, clean, is asking for trouble...

p5-16 of the handy-dandy SR22 POH...

(for reference only) at 3400lbs with a fwd CG, and 60 degrees of bank, the published stall speed is 99 KIAS. Lower weight results in a lower stall speed, right?

from the AP--
"Hersman said the plane was cruising at 112 mph at 700 feet of altitude as it began to make a U-turn. It was last seen on radar about a quarter-mile north of the building, in the middle of the turn, at 500 feet, she said."

Last edited:
From the London Free Press

"Hersman said the single-engine plane was cruising at 180 kilometres an hour at 213 metres altitude as it tried to make a U-turn to go south down the East River. It was last seen on radar about 400 metres north of the building, in the middle of the turn, at 152 metres."

That equates to 97.2 kts, 700ft altitude and 1312ft north of the building.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back