Yankee Pitcher owner/pilot of Cr22 into building

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We're used to it.

The being blamed for everything part, I mean.

Mack82, at least you blamed a SkyWest Pilot for something they actually DID.

Write, call, email or visit your Congressmen and Senators. Tell them that you want their support of General Aviation. Tell them you DON'T want any legislation passed because of a knee-jerk reaction to this event. Let's hope the talking heads on the news don't get their way when it comes to GA.

Again, RIP to all that were lost.

-JP

I heard Mary Schiavo talking to Nancy Grace last night. She never ceases to amaze me. Said that VFR flying is a "loophole" in the safety of aviation. She also referred to the airspace as a TCA and said that this kind of flying near buildings was why Meigs got shut down.

factual news reporting

Fox reporting the plane was a Cirrus sr22 registered to Yankees pitcher Cory Lidle.

It was reported that the type in question was a Cirrus SR-20.Maybe tomorrow some other type will be reported as the type which was involved in the Manhattan accident.

The only good news is that George W. hasn't mobilized and invaded the Upper East Side ... yet.

The only good news is that George W. hasn't mobilized and invaded the Upper East Side ... yet.

Probably because there's not enough oil to be of a strategic interest. Also, they haven't ignored U.N. inspection teams request or gassed thousands of people in ethnic cleansing :)

I heard Mary Schiavo talking to Nancy Grace last night. She never ceases to amaze me. Said that VFR flying is a "loophole" in the safety of aviation. She also referred to the airspace as a TCA and said that this kind of flying near buildings was why Meigs got shut down.

That woman is such an IDIOT!!! I also heard that GA is a security loophole and the terriorist can use GA aircraft for 'dirty bombs"... that the TSA needs to set up security screening like the commercial airports (i could divulge into that but i will refraim!) in the interest of public safety...bla bla blah!!

I have the solution...Just Shut down all aviation, all of it! Then the country will be truly safe (except nukes, terrorism in any other fashion, natural disasters, war, acts of God (can i say that...), communism, fammine, Jihad, ALL the Idiots that run our government, the anti-christ, global warming (per Al Gore), PETA, ACLU, move-on.org, and the random Psycho that lives down the street...) Did I cover them all. No not possible. There is TOO MUCH government in this country as is, we don't need any more!

The 'Drive By' media is ruining this county...because the SHEEPLE of this country believe them to be the absolute authority. Where as they don't know their elbow from their rectum!!!

AAAGGGHHH I HATE THE MEDIA

Just pure speculation, but has anyone compared the turning radius (diameter) of a Cirrus with the width of the VFR corridor up the East River?

What does this accident have in common with the Thurmon Munson Citation crash from the late 70's? They both had a CFI onboard. The moral of this story is DO NOT INSTRUCT any players from the NY Yankees.

BTW, Cory Lidle was a scab.

Here is an online calculator for turn radius:

http://www.csgnetwork.com/aircraftturninfocalc.html

The part of the east river they were on is divided by Roosevelt Island. If they were trying to stay strictly over the river the width is only 825' (measured off of Google Earth). If they were going 100mph then the turn diamater for a 45 degree bank is 1343'

Obviously to do it properly you would need to start your turn from OVER Roosevelt island instead of staying strictly over water.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back