• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, I am jealous. I haven't flown a weekend or a holiday in over 4 years, 20 RON's a year, with 10 of those for recurrent training, we don't fly for the two weeks over Christmas/New Years and the first week of July and three weeks of vacation besides that, and I have both a 401K and a defined benefit retirement. Yep, you busted me.

I'm just sick of people talking about how XO is reinventing the wheel. Sure, congratulations on being the Flight Options of the left (oops, west) coast. They must issue foggles to every pilot and require them to wear them even while off duty.

Congratulations. Sounds like you are happy with your current gig. Good for you.

That's the great part about living in the United States. We all have choices. Most people would agree the top pt 91 jobs pay better, require less work, and often have better benefits than charter or fractional flying. Usually there are tradeoffs in corporate flying like not being in control of your schedule.

People come to this board to gather information so they can compare the different options available in all segments of aviation. If you prefer not to keep yourself informed about what is going on in your industry it doesn't bother us. But, we're not going to stop telling those who are interested about what we're doing just because you don't want to hear it.

Like someone already suggested, if you don't want to hear about XOJET, don't open a thread entitled "XOJET!" What are you NEW?

Have a nice day Captain

Last edited:
I didn't say anything at all about the job of being a pilot for XO now did I? Read my posts. All I said was that XO is constantly issuing press releases and self promoting all these great new ideas that they claim have never before offered in the history of aviation. I haven't seen anything that I haven't seen before, thus the initial yawn comment I made. I only made further comments after it was suggested that I am jealous of your fancy Challenger 300 jets. Sorry, no shiny jet syndrome here.

That all sounds impressive, but tell us what your paycheck is! I've been told by a VERY reliable source you make less that $17,500 a year and your payscale caps at $23,000. So with your 401k and "definded benefit retirement", after working 79 years at the company, you should pull down a cool $765 a month in retirement. Cool Hand Luke...You are a Goose Egg!

Yea, sure. I CLEARED that much by the middle of March.

Is it possible to have a discussion about XOJet without the Netjets guys hijacking the thread? Is it possible?
Ok, at Flexjet things are going good. I got a 14 day line and I'm happy! Got holiday pay as well.

Sorry to tell you CHL but there are lots of guys on this board, me included, who CLEARS that way before mid March.We are not impressed..

Yes, I am sure there are. I understand ex-pat pilots do quite well with no federal taxes on the first 85K. In case you didn't notice (obviously not) I was merely commenting to the poster that said he knew for a fact that I made 17,500 last year.

Ok, at Flexjet things are going good. I got a 14 day line and I'm happy! Got holiday pay as well.

There is always that guy! haha, Thanks for making it a Flex thread instead of a Netjets thread again Hammer... How you been lately, long time no see

They must issue foggles to every pilot and require them to wear them even while off duty.

He does have a point here. Upgrades are merit point based (not by seniority). You "earn" points by doing different duties or tasks....ie, doing phone interviews from home on days off, or working on different projects on your days off. If you live in the Sacremento area, you have better access to HQs and therefore more merit point opportunities.

So wearing the foggles on your days off, is an accurate statement.

He does have a point here. Upgrades are merit point based (not by seniority). You "earn" points by doing different duties or tasks....ie, doing phone interviews from home on days off, or working on different projects on your days off. If you live in the Sacremento area, you have better access to HQs and therefore more merit point opportunities.

So wearing the foggles on your days off, is an accurate statement.
Not at all
You don't have to live in Sacramento to do extra things. It doesn't matter, upgrades are based on job performance, not side projects. Pay
bumbs and other incentives are based on extra work, collective performance of the pilot group and time in service. If you are happy being a line pilot then so be it, but we dont have people upgrading because of date of hire, but based on the fact they are ready. Im sure that you have flown with some guys, and at the end of the day you ask yourself, how did this guy become a cpt?
If you want to do a little extra it is rewarded, if you want to blend in with the scenery then don't expect all of the perks of everyone elses hard work. I think its a good way of keeping guys honest.

Latest resources

Back