• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We've just started operations out of Abu Dhabi. Don't think its called a Division.

We've just started operations out of Abu Dhabi. Don't think its called a Division.
Whale, a couple of Q's..

What airplanes are you using over there? X's from the US?

Are they flown by crew from the US operation?

Any more info regarding the planned Europe operation?

Thanks,

FZ

What do you guys call it?
Has management told you anything about domestic vs. middle east expansion? Just curious what the middle east financers expect for their investment.
Is there a base there? If so did people get forced to move or are they hiring locals to fly? Are new hires expected to move to the middle east?

Whale, a couple of Q's..

What airplanes are you using over there? X's from the US?

Are they flown by crew from the US operation?

Any more info regarding the planned Europe operation?

Thanks,

FZ

Currently, we have two Citation X's based in Abu Dhabi on wet leases to our UAE partners. We do not yet have a certificate, so they are operated pt 91. The company sees this as good opportunity to ease into operations, and begin to build infrastructure while we work on securing an operating certificate.

Both airplanes are currently crewed by US based pilots. There are a few different scheduling options including Expat status, but I think most guys will opt for a month on month off schedule with a 25 percent pay override, and Business class international travel.

I haven't heard anything specific about a European expansion date yet.

What do you guys call it?
Has management told you anything about domestic vs. middle east expansion? Just curious what the middle east financers expect for their investment.
Is there a base there? If so did people get forced to move or are they hiring locals to fly? Are new hires expected to move to the middle east?

No one will be forced to do anything. Currently, most of our pilots want to fly at least one 30 day tour in the middle east, and there are plenty of us who want to participate long term. I suppose if we ever run out of volunteers, we would have to hire specifically for those positions.

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone said how much flying will be done in the Mid east? I mean is it going to be a domestic company with a small contingent way out east or the other way around?

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone said how much flying will be done in the Mid east? I mean is it going to be a domestic company with a small contingent way out east or the other way around?

I don't think it is an either or proposition. It's my understanding that the Middle East operation will be significant. Likewise, I don't see the domestic growth slowing dramatically in the near future.

My guess is that aircraft will be allocated where they are needed most. However, I really don't know.

Based on a conference call last week, the long term plan for the UAE operation is to have 20 or so airplanes based over there. Initially it will be mostly the citation 10, and I'm not sure how that ratio will change as we introduce new types to the fleet.

As X-rated said, no one will be forced to go over. Our DO and CP have said they "want everyone who is interested to have an opportunity to go over" but if you're not interested, that's just fine too as we'll need guys to tend to the homefront operation.

Based on a conference call last week, the long term plan for the UAE operation is to have 20 or so airplanes based over there. Initially it will be mostly the citation 10, and I'm not sure how that ratio will change as we introduce new types to the fleet.

As X-rated said, no one will be forced to go over. Our DO and CP have said they "want everyone who is interested to have an opportunity to go over" but if you're not interested, that's just fine too as we'll need guys to tend to the homefront operation.

T bone,
I alway enjoy reading your insight, thanks for taking the time for us wannabes!

Latest resources

Back