• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not good at math, but I believe you are slightly wrong..

Man you are optimistic aren't you? 51 airplanes in 24 months? The kool-aid must be very tasty over there at XO. There is no way you'll be at 51 planes in 2 years.

Not to be a smartass, but my math teacher told me 51-17=34..

But then again, my math grade could have been better..:0

Man you are optimistic aren't you? 51 airplanes in 24 months? The kool-aid must be very tasty over there at XO. There is no way you'll be at 51 planes in 2 years.

So, let's say you are correct. Would you suggest that we hold Bombardier and Cessna responsible for breach of contract? These numbers didn't just come out of thin air, Doyle. They are in the delivery schedule of the purchase agreements we have with the manufacturer, which I believe is a legally binding document. There could be delays on the production end of the transaction, but there's not much we can do about that. But I bet there are financial penalties built in if they don't meet their end of the bargain.

I tell ya what. If we only have 49 airplanes in 2 years from now, I'll send you a cookie. Would that make you happy?

I don't know who you work for, but what is your company's plan?

Last edited:
flyzimex, he said they would be at 51 airplanes in 24 months? Did I miss something ??

T-bone,

My company doesn't tell us what future plans are. They think we should be kept in the dark in those areas. Contract or not, are you saying that your company has customers signed up already for these 51 airplanes or are they just buying them in hopes of getting customers? I mean, I can order planes all day but, if I can't fill them with customers, I'll be out of business. That is what I'm saying. I don't see it happening bro, but, prove me wrong.

flyzimex, he said they would be at 51 airplanes in 24 months? Did I miss something ??

I guess your statement "51 airplanes in 24 months" can be interpreted in two different ways. Looks like I picked the wrong way. I was referring to the 17 X's today and at 51 planes in two years, hence an addition of 34.

My bad..

/FlyZimex

T-bone,

My company doesn't tell us what future plans are. They think we should be kept in the dark in those areas.

That's rather unfortunate! Maybe you should spend more time wondering why your company treats you that way and less time concerned with what we're doing.

Contract or not, are you saying that your company has customers signed up already for these 51 airplanes or are they just buying them in hopes of getting customers? I mean, I can order planes all day but, if I can't fill them with customers, I'll be out of business. That is what I'm saying. I don't see it happening bro, but, prove me wrong.

No, we don't have customers lined up yet to fill all of those airplanes. But, with the momentum we are building, and the amount of referral business we are getting from current owners, it looks plausible that we will have no problem keeping those airplanes busy. Do you think TPG and Lehman Brothers would have given us the amount of money they did if we didn't have a solid business plan and a team that can pull it off? They aren't dumb companies who throw money out into the wind...

This is a new thing we are doing over here. No one can guarantee that it will work. But so far, it is.

Oh, I get it. You work at Flex...are you bent that Bombardier sold us so many airplanes? I guess they saw it as a good business deal to forge a long-term relationship with us, just like TPG and Lehman did.

I could care less what bombardier does. If they want to sell airplanes to a company that probably won't make it, then so be it. It doesn't bother me.

Oh, I get it. You work at Flex...are you bent that Bombardier sold us so many airplanes? I guess they saw it as a good business deal to forge a long-term relationship with us, just like TPG and Lehman did.

Maybe Flex will buy XO, since Flex can't seem to find enough 300's to keep the customers happy. I hear they are selling "virtual 300's": 1/8 LR45 + 1/8 CL604 = 1/4 CL300.

Big question is going to be training slots. All the 300 sims are already booked out years in advance.

My company doesn't tell us what future plans are. They think we should be kept in the dark in those areas.

2 CL300's to be delivered this month, already in work-ups. 6 additional CL300's to be delivered during the rest of 2008, giving us 37 on property by next Christmas. Don't know about 605 and LR numbers.

Seems that guarantees every CL300 FO currently on the payroll should be in the top half of seniority (300 FO seniority, that is) within a year.

Those are "aircraft plans". What are the financial plans of our future? That's what we are kept in the dark about. Us getting airplanes means absolutely nothing. The NET GAIN of airplanes means something but,they won't tell us that either.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back