XOJET Lets 23 pilots go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

X-Wind

Can someone confirm that XOJET is letting pilots go?

If so, did they start from the bottom of the seniority list or were the layoffs merit based?

If the layoffs were merit based, did they let go any Captains?

I'm not sure of the number but the last I heard is that XO had a little over a hundred pilots, if that number is correct, thats close to 25 %..

Does anyone have Intel on this?

I just got a call from a buddy that is waiting for a start date. He said they are letting some guys go. I didn't get any more details than that.
Hopefully it's not true.

Sorry to here, it always seems worse when they do it right before the holidays. I hope that folks in still employed in aviation this holiday season don't take it for granted what they have. Good luck, I hope the that the economy starts to turn around to get people back to work.

Hey guys sorry to hear you lost your job. Our thoughts go out to your families.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of edits from Buckeye... I wonder what yall said.

Yes its true. Its already posted so I might as well say it. We lost 23 pilots, Captains and FO's. It wasn't seniority based, it was merit based. That's pretty much how our whole company works.

I want to apologize to all that lost their job, especially this time of year. Its awful that it happened to us and everyone else losing their jobs in this industry.

I'm not going to go into details on the whole deal and I ask all of you to be respectful of the pilots that lost their jobs and not start a standard FI I told you so or mine is better than yours...

After saying that, I hope we don't see any other Fractionals layoff any more people, but I fear its not over yet for our industry as a whole. And I am very thankful to have my job still!!!

Last edited:
Lots of edits from Buckeye... I wonder what yall said.

Yes its true. Its already posted so I might as well say it. We lost 23 pilots, Captains and FO's. It wasn't seniority based, it was merit based. That's pretty much how our whole company works.

I want to apologize to all that lost their job, especially this time of year. Its awful that it happened to us and everyone else losing their jobs in this industry.

I'm not going to go into details on the whole deal and I ask all of you to be respectful of the pilots that lost their jobs and not start a standard FI I told you so or mine is better than yours...

After saying that, I hope we don't see any other Fractionals layoff any more people, but I fear its not over yet for our industry as a whole. And I am very thankful to have my job still!!!

How many pilots does XOJET have?

Firings would infer that they can not come back... That is not what I heard. The layoffs were based on both I assume

Latest resources

Back