• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJET Lets 23 pilots go.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think we can do anything but wish the best for the XO guys and gals.

Competition is health for the market. It keeps all of us striving for the next level in order to remain competitive.

I don't wish furlough or unemployment for any of us. Anyone who is secretly hoping for XO to fail probably needs to rethink their position in this fragile industry.

I said it once and I'll say it again. Good luck to those of you that remain. And even better luck to those who got cut. I wish you and your families the best.

I was wondering, what would stop the company from just hiring new people instead of bringing back the old? Since it was merit based, is there any commitment to bring the people back?

Thank you all for the kind words. I was not going to post on this subject, but the huge majority of you have renewed my faith in this website, and the inherent goodness in people.

No matter how the names were picked, 23 more good pilots, most of them friends of mine, find themselves out of work two weeks before Christmas. It's a very sad situation.

To clarify Cherry's post, they were terminations not layoffs. I believe all are eligible for rehire, but they do not have recall rights.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them, and everyone else looking for flying jobs this holiday season.

Thank you all for the kind words. I was not going to post on this subject, but the huge majority of you have renewed my faith in this website, and the inherent goodness in people.

No matter how the names were picked, 23 more good pilots, most of them friends of mine, find themselves out of work two weeks before Christmas. It's a very sad situation.

To clarify Cherry's post, they were terminations not layoffs. I believe all are eligible for rehire, but they do not have recall rights.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them, and everyone else looking for flying jobs this holiday season.

Hey X-rate,
How does XJT pick these guys? is it base on who causes more trouble or performance or compensation?

Best of luck to those that got the bad news. It could have been anyone of us from a number of different companies. I hope that your management will do the right thing in the future and offer to hire a of these pilots back. You guys are proud of your product, hopefully management is equally proud of the job you do. Again best of luck.

M. Williams

I'm sorry to hear this as well.
It's never a good time of year for lay-offs, but this time of year is especially hard.
I wish you all the best of luck.

really sorry to here this guys. With all the good news and growth I've heard from yall it seemed like this was far far away.

Unfortunately i dont think any of the fractionals will come out of this without having to let some people go...at least temporarily.

Last edited:
This happens shortly after Siegel takes over? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

Latest resources

Back