Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apply to XOJet!

Guys,

XOJet is a great company to work for! They are going to build a fleet of Business Jets that is made up of King Airs, Citation X's, Challenger 300's and Globals. In the 10 months I've been here, we've gone from 6 Citation X's to 11, with still 6 more to be delivered this year. Announcements on the Challenger 300's and Globals will be made soon. XOJet is a "Ground Floor" company, and with the stock options, makes for a very exciting time to be here. Management is very easy to work with and value everyone's opinion on how things could be done better. Good luck should you decide to pursue this great opportunity!

Blue Skies and Tailwinds! :beer:

Last edited:
Enjoy! Sounds like Raytheon Travel Air in it's infancy. When we had stocks, bonds, paid parking, limos, etc. That's until Sanford and Son from Cleveland took it all away!

Enjoy! Sounds like Raytheon Travel Air in it's infancy. When we had stocks, bonds, paid parking, limos, etc. That's until Sanford and Son from Cleveland took it all away!

Everyone has a Crystal Ball. :laugh:

How is the medical, how long till it kicks in? Any ballpark on what the cost is for a family? When you are hired are you on salary from day one or is there some sort of training pay?

Thanks a lot.-kingaira90

I don't have a family, but XOJet pays 100 percent of my medical, dental and vision. There is no cost to me. I assume the same is true for families, but I'm not sure of that. Hopefully someone with a family will chime in.

I belive you and your family will be fully covered after 30 days of employment. I don't know if it holds true today, but when I was hired, they offerd to pay my cobra until the new insurance kicked in.

As far as training pay, I don't know the exact policy, but rest assured you are paid. This is a quality company that believes in taking care of it's employees. Put in an app, and the "people" people will fill you in on the details.

So what's the schedule like? And what are the bases?

Schedule and Bases kinda go hand in hand...if you want the 9 on, 7 off rotation, you've got to live in one of our 4 bases...Sacramento (MCC), Southern California (VNY), Phoenix, or East Coast (TEB, HPN). The boundaries of those domiciles are pretty loosely defined. Reno is considered part of the MCC base, San Diego is part of VNY, and Prescott is part of PHX.

If you choose the 17 on, 15 off rotation (and that's 17 days consecutive, then 15 hard days off consecutive) then you can live anywhere in the US you want. I think we've got a newhire that lives in Hawaii.

ALL days off are considered hard days off. If you need/want to be home on those days, you will be home. If you want to work extra and get paid extra, the opportunity does present itself from time to time. Some guys would prefer to extend a day to fly a trip that gets them closer to home rather than sit in coach on a transcon airline flight.

Days 1 and 9, or 1 and 17, are transition days, so you don't always fly. Sometimes you airline to or from home base to meet the airplane (very typical if you're on the 17/15 sched and your plane isn't near your house) and sometimes you sit at home and wait for your plane to get in. The airplane I have been assigned to won't get back to base until 1700 tomorrow, leaving me with most of the day off. Once it gets back, the old crew goes home and starts their 7 days off. If that airplane got home tonight, on the old crews' day 8, I'd cover it starting at midnight and that crew now has 8 days off. It works out pretty well. I hope that wasn't too confusing.

As for the training pay...I think you get 75% pay until you're done with training. But ALL expenses are covered by the company starting from day 1.

Does XO Jet do any international flying or is it mainly domestic?

Sounds like a pretty good company. Has anyone recently applied and or heard back? I sent them a resume last week and am keeping my fingers crossed I hear something.

ALL days off are considered hard days off. If you need/want to be home on those days, you will be home. If you want to work extra and get paid extra, the opportunity does present itself from time to time. Some guys would prefer to extend a day to fly a trip that gets them closer to home rather than sit in coach on a transcon airline flight.

How does the day off pay work and how much is it for capt and F/O? Thanks- kingaira90

Does XO Jet do any international flying or is it mainly domestic?

Sounds like a pretty good company. Has anyone recently applied and or heard back? I sent them a resume last week and am keeping my fingers crossed I hear something.

Aside from the typical caribbean/hawaii/mexico/canada stuff, not too much. Though we are doing more Europe and South America trips as our client base grows.

How does the day off pay work and how much is it for capt and F/O? Thanks- kingaira90

We get a day rate based on annual salary and 200 days a year. 90k/year...200 days...$450/day. Whatever your salary, divide by 200 and that's your day rate. Same rate for working extra. F/O pay is in the $45-50k range.

Longevity pay scale is about to come out, not sure how this will affect current system.

Latest resources

Back