• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJet growth...??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9 on 7 off... and they can fly you into your days off, you are paid overtime. you need 250 hours in the jet before you're considered for upgrade.

You are correct, the current schedule is 9 on 7 off. However, no one is required to work extra days. Occasionally, extra days are available for extra pay, but no one is ever forced to work them. As far as the 250 hr requirement for upgrade, I don't believe we have any such policy.

There are currently three pilot bases: Sacramento, Southern California, and Phoenix. There is also a new policy which allow pilots who choose to work double rotations (17 on 15 off) to live anywhere they wish. I do not know if this schedule is available to new hires.

You are correct, the current schedule is 9 on 7 off. However, no one is required to work extra days. Occasionally, extra days are available for extra pay, but no one is ever forced to work them. As far as the 250 hr requirement for upgrade, I don't believe we have any such policy.

There are currently three pilot bases: Sacramento, Southern California, and Phoenix. There is also a new policy which allow pilots who choose to work double rotations (17 on 15 off) to live anywhere they wish. I do not know if this schedule is available to new hires.

Good info. What do you know about future aircraft deliveries? I read awhile back that bigger iron like Gulfstreams, Challengers and even Falcon 7Xs are on the table. Any recent news/rumors?

More 10's and the addition of Challenger 300s is all that can be said with relative certainty. Anything more than that is pure speculation. 150 airplanes is what the plan calls for. We'd have more on the property already if Cessna was able to deliver them on schedule. Our most recent delivery was made to us about 5 months late.

Looks like they are about to start looking for New York based pilots too. Also, I was able to confirm that new hires are eligable for the 17/15 schedule which allows you to live anywhere you want.

X-rated,
you might want to check with your CP BH- that 250hrs is a hard requirement. That is why I chose not to go there, great company with alot of promise, but the 250 was required AND that's 250 (flying hours) not in the jet hours... which amounts to 9mos or so. I could not afford the paycut.

X-rated,
you might want to check with your CP BH- that 250hrs is a hard requirement. That is why I chose not to go there, great company with alot of promise, but the 250 was required AND that's 250 (flying hours) not in the jet hours... which amounts to 9mos or so. I could not afford the paycut.

What is the pay schedule at XO Jet?

What is the pay schedule at XO Jet?

SIC 50K and PIC 90K to start plus plenty of opportunity to make MUCH more. They're still working on the longevity package, but the preliminary numbers I've heard sound pretty darn good.

Upgrade time is around 6mo depending on prior experience. Those with time in type could upgrade much sooner, and those with low time might take quite a bit longer. It is just the reality of ARGUS/Wyvern requirements.

Hey X,
Do you guys have a base in ILG?
I read in a company profile that there is a base there and there looks to be some flights in and out of there each day.

Ilg

We have a MX base there in Wilmington, and a pilot or 2 that are still based there. No pilots have been hired into the base in awhile, but it was never closed as a pilot base. I'm not sure what the current status is when it comes to new hires getting based out there, but it's only a matter of time with our growth. You can live anywhere you want if you're on the 17 on, 15 off schedule. Otherwise, we're on a 9 on 7 off schedule. Days 1 and 9 overlap with the other rotation, so that's usually a travel day. If you end up at home on day 8, the new crew will usually take over the next day, as that's their day 1. Conversely, if you don't get back to base until the end of day 9, the new crew had most/all of their day 1 off. Its working out pretty well.

We have a MX base there in Wilmington, and a pilot or 2 that are still based there. No pilots have been hired into the base in awhile, but it was never closed as a pilot base. I'm not sure what the current status is when it comes to new hires getting based out there, but it's only a matter of time with our growth. You can live anywhere you want if you're on the 17 on, 15 off schedule. Otherwise, we're on a 9 on 7 off schedule. Days 1 and 9 overlap with the other rotation, so that's usually a travel day. If you end up at home on day 8, the new crew will usually take over the next day, as that's their day 1. Conversely, if you don't get back to base until the end of day 9, the new crew had most/all of their day 1 off. Its working out pretty well.

Cool, thanx Bone.
I need to try and get a hold of some of my X-indy buddies to see if they can help out a brother.

Latest resources

Back