• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XOJET Announces $25,000 "All In" Transcon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XOJET it will now offer fixed-price rates starting at $25,000 for one-way transcontinental flights between preferred airports serving major U.S. cities

Don't forget these key words here. We aren't giving anything away, we're just simplifying the pricing.

Clyde,

are you just a dumb-a##

lookie here:

$10,261 in fuel
$ 9,000 in mtx/engine reserves
$ 1,000 for the crew pay
$ 500 in crew/pax catering
$ 500 landing fees

$21,561 assuming you make the trip in 5.5 hours and you pay $6.25 a gallon(in NY, not bloody likely). i didnt even include hotels, cost of benefits ect. its a way to get revenue, they are doing it near to exact of cost you knuckle head. the most important part to my prior post you didnt even comment on so i say again:

NEXT!!!!!!!!

Clyde,

are you just a dumb-a##

lookie here:

$10,261 in fuel
$ 9,000 in mtx/engine reserves
$ 1,000 for the crew pay
$ 500 in crew/pax catering
$ 500 landing fees

$21,561 assuming you make the trip in 5.5 hours and you pay $6.25 a gallon(in NY, not bloody likely). i didnt even include hotels, cost of benefits ect. its a way to get revenue, they are doing it near to exact of cost you knuckle head. the most important part to my prior post you didnt even comment on so i say again:

NEXT!!!!!!!!

5.5 hours to go from Vegas to New York??? We're not flying King Airs!

And using your math, that is $3439 in profit for each flight! That number gets pretty big pretty quick if just a few of our airplanes are doing those trips each day...even better if it cuts down on our deadheads!

But as I said earlier, don't overlook the key words "starting at." A Vegas-NY flight will cost less than a NY-Vegas flight.

sure thats the profit.(sarcasm)

listen here again:

$3490 in profit, lets say its $5000, do 1 charter to pick up owners because one of your X's broke and your miniscule "profit" is gone 10 fold. (strike one wing tip at these fbo's that are running out of space. send another pilot to get his type rating. ) you name it. this "profit" is gone....10 fold

this is not an argument of Netjets being better than anyone.

This is simply business 101, nobody that has a "superior" product or business plan DROPS prices or RUNS SPECIALS. ESPECIALLY Not in a market that deals with the upper 1% of income earners in America and when the airlines service is a debacle.

THEY NEED REVENUE MY FRIEND......

NEXT!!!!!!

I do not care if you are selling hamburgers or flight time, any business that needs to "package" or coupon" or offer a lower price out there is hurting. Plain and simple. If the business is good, you do not make deals. The only reason XO Jet is making any package deal is because they need to drum up business and need to make a sale....thus need cash. When was the last time the Four Seasons Hotel made a deal...they don't. They do not have to. If your business model is solid and you have the customers to pull a profit, you do not need to make any "special offers". I hate to see a compalny like XO Jet having to lower the bar in the fractional industry. But, since NetJets has most of the customers in 5 year contracts, it may be the only way to drum up any business. Sad.

You guys are too much. You compare us to companies with very well established names, while we are only 2 years old.

Why are you so concerned with what we do anyway? Kinda makes me think you feel just a little bit threatened. I don't see you bashing the other operators...

You can't have it both ways. Claim you are going to set the world on fire and then whine when compared to established companies.

From what I have been told, we have used you guys a couple of times for supplemental uplift on occasion, but I have no proof of that. You figure out if that's a good thing or spin it to your hearts content.

I hope you guys like it there and wish you all well. I pray none of you get junior manned to the mid-east.

I was curious about the two month on/taking your family with deal. Does XO pay the families way back and forth along with hotel etc... how does that work?

Peace out yo!

sure thats the profit.(sarcasm)

listen here again:

$3490 in profit, lets say its $5000, do 1 charter to pick up owners because one of your X's broke and your miniscule "profit" is gone 10 fold. (strike one wing tip at these fbo's that are running out of space. send another pilot to get his type rating. ) you name it. this "profit" is gone....10 fold

this is not an argument of Netjets being better than anyone.

This is simply business 101, nobody that has a "superior" product or business plan DROPS prices or RUNS SPECIALS. ESPECIALLY Not in a market that deals with the upper 1% of income earners in America and when the airlines service is a debacle.

THEY NEED REVENUE MY FRIEND......

NEXT!!!!!!

Respectfully,

I point you to Honda. In 1968 they sold not one car in America. But they identified a niche in the minibike market. With the introduction of a 50cc bike and ambitions out of any proportion to their then current size and financial wherewithall they set about a deliberate assault on Detroit. Look at em today. And I point you to no less than Southwest and WalMart. Both opportunistic companies who never fail to identify a chance to expand their image and franchise. Southwest regularly drops prices and last spring WalMart dropped prices on more than 16,000 items in their stores.

I have no idea if XOJet is motivated by this or a need for revenue, and neither do you.

caseyd

I was under the impression the $25,000 trans-con marketing campaign is to sell the convenience of a relatively flat, predictable rate...not necessarily as a true "special" discounted, reduced rate as some are referring to.

Don't forget XOJET did manage to drum up close to $2.6 billion in financing, i'm not a finance or investment major but that is pretty damn convincing that their business model is currently successful and has a bright future.

Latest resources

Back