• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XO Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no doubt that XO is a great place to work, and sincerely hope that your great work evironment, growth, and profitability continues for years to come. Good on you and all of your co-workers.

So I was yanking some chains in my earlier posts. However, nowhere in this thread have I predicted that an acquisition of XO was going to happen, by FlOps or anyone else. But this isn't my first rodeo either, pardner. As much at the thought of an acquisition scares you to death (as evidenced by your overreaction and personal attack of a response) , don't be so naive to think The Mighty XO Jet could never be acquisiton fodder for someone. To believe otherwise would make YOU clueless. After all, this IS the aviation industry. And consolidation is going to happen in our segment of the industry. Soon.

Fly safe.

This whole paragraph just reaks of "Smile in your face and stab you in your back!" Best you just not say anymore. :puke:

So I was yanking some chains in my earlier posts.

As much at the thought of an acquisition scares you to death (as evidenced by your overreaction and personal attack of a response) , don't be so naive to think The Mighty XO Jet could never be acquisiton fodder for someone. To believe otherwise would make YOU clueless. After all, this IS the aviation industry. And consolidation is going to happen in our segment of the industry. Soon.

Fly safe.
I am neither naive nor delusional about our industry. I am fully aware that good situations can and often do turn in an instant. To be honest, our explosive growth scares me just a little. Luckily, that feeling is tempered by my complete confidence in our talented management team.

As for the personal attack, please accept my apology. It was unnecessary. I had a long day flying and then enjoyed a few cold frosty beers down here in the islands before posting. I took your FLAME bait, and I assume you got the reaction you were looking for. Good on you.

Once upon a time, when the Flight Options pilots were riding high, thought we had the best management, upgrade times were short, new planes showing up on the property daily, best company in the world to work for, we thought, (sentiments now shared by you), some of our fellows chose to rub this view of the world in the faces of or brothers over at NJ.

But then the worm turned, the NJ pilots ratified an excellent contract in 2005, our management changed for the worse and we found ourselves haven to explain the previous foolish bravado of some.

Many of us in the Fractional industry have long memories. Word to the wise, if you wanna rub it in now, you may find yourself with some 'splanen' to do and some crow to eat, as we did.

I am neither naive nor delusional about our industry. I am fully aware that good situations can and often do turn in an instant. To be honest, our explosive growth scares me just a little. Luckily, that feeling is tempered by my complete confidence in our talented management team.

As for the personal attack, please accept my apology. It was unnecessary. I had a long day flying and then enjoyed a few cold frosty beers down here in the islands before posting. I took your FLAME bait, and I assume you got the reaction you were looking for. Good on you.

Many of us in the Fractional industry have long memories. Word to the wise, if you wanna rub it in now, you may find yourself with some 'splanen' to do and some crow to eat, as we did.

Gerry, You can't be serious. Have you read this thread? I have never bashed The Flight Option's Pilot Group, or any other pilot group for that matter. I sincerely wish things were better at Flops, and hope they will be again soon.

ProFracPilot, and Myster79 made up a story about Flight Options acquiring XOJET with the sole purpose of getting a reaction from a few XO pilots. Unfortunately, I took the bait.

I understand that it is difficult to hear, but I simply pointed out that it would not be in XOJET's best interest to merge with Flight Options at this time. There is a perception that all is not well at FLOPS; you know it, I know it, your owners know it, and our owners know it. Hopefully, things will turn around under your new (old) management. My intention was simply to refute their story. I may have overdone it a bit, and I'm sorry if you took offense. It was not my intention to rub anyones nose in anything. I was just trying to set the record straight.

I'd truly enjoy pointing out some of the differences between our two companies, but I wasn't raised that way. When things are going well, you don't kick those who are down. I really am glad you still feel pride in your company though. Best of luck to all the professional pilots at Flight Options.

X,

Mine was simply a cautionary tale. No offense taken. Just hate to see your guys head down the same road we did and it looked to me like that was the direction this thread was headed.

True or false?

Either way, whatever... but I gotta ask.

I heard that the mega cash financing that XO Jet has is foreign so the company falls under foreign ownership laws.

Also, the business model looks more like a big charter operation than a fractional ownership model.

Not a lot of shares sold... ya oder nine?

Now that were done passing the time, just want to let everyone know......
XOJETS HIRING IS TO RESUME IMMEDIATELY!!!!!" Good Luck to all! :beer:

Now that were done passing the time, just want to let everyone know......
XOJETS HIRING IS TO RESUME IMMEDIATELY!!!!!" Good Luck to all! :beer:
If it's really so, very good news to all of us who are patiently waiting..

I guess this means the C750 deliveries are now back on track again?

FZ

great news!

Now is there much of a chance for someone without an internal LOR?

Last edited:
ProFracPilot, and Myster79 made up a story about Flight Options acquiring XOJET with the sole purpose of getting a reaction from a few XO pilots. Unfortunately, I took the bait.

Go back and reread my posts. I never mentioned anything about an acquisition. I was just screwing around. You guys need to calm down a little.

Furthermore, after what M.S. did, the last thing I feel regarding flight Options is pride....It is more like embarrassment. One thing I learned in this business is when you are truly happy, that's when they screw with you the most.

I wish you guys (XO) the best and hope you have continued success.

Latest resources

Back