Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No offense Flop's!

None taken.

Just don't be lulled into thinking that our little segment of the air travel industry will avoid (further) consolidation. The only question is: who's gonna be zommin' who?

Ricci loves doing deals. He guided FlOps through one merger (without debating whether or not the RTA / FlOps merger was a success, I'm sure the experience he gained in the process will prove invaluable for the next one). Also, look at what he put together in the time he was away from FlOps - first with Mercury, then the Atlantic deal. Both were financial home runs for him. And now he's back in the captain seat that he never wanted to leave, with a new vision to grow the company he founded. Our near-term growth won't be organic, and the pockets here are deeper than many realize. With funding available, and assuming we get our CBA ratified, I predict we'll announce an acquisition (not a merger) before the end of the year.

Last edited:
What you MISHEARD is that Flops is buying XO's used airplanes when we retire them. True story...

Did XO buy all of their X's new? When do you retire them? 5 years?

So you deserve a job fair for your pilots? I guess you are the only pilots who can figure this charter pilot stuff out. I guess the 950 furloughed United pilots wouldn't be able to figure it out. I guess the 177 AirTran pilots couldn't either, or even the 150 Midwest. How about the Spirit, US Airways, American or USA 3000, could they be deserving of a job fair?

I love when people go through their first furlough and they all of a sudden demand the world. Been through it 5 times and all I got was a discount on Air Inc.

How about the 657 ABX pilots? No one's putting on a special job fair just for us.

Did XO buy all of their X's new? When do you retire them? 5 years?

Yes, all new, straight from the factory. We have only had one airplane reach the 5 year mark...and it's now part of the Flight Options fleet. The next oldest airplane is about 4.5 years old, so we'll see what happens in a few months. Most of our fleet is less than 2 years old.

Yes, all new, straight from the factory. We have only had one airplane reach the 5 year mark...and it's now part of the Flight Options fleet. The next oldest airplane is about 4.5 years old, so we'll see what happens in a few months. Most of our fleet is less than 2 years old.[/quote

You need a real job...

Latest resources

Back