• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Xmas/Holiday Bonus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I also got the letter that my services are required over the holiday season, after that I'm apparently too expensive to keep around......

flyinboxes said:
Report this to the FAA as a safety concern. The company is encouraging pilots to fly while being un-fit for duty. This is a violation. Approach your MEC and ask for direction or have them handle it. We did this at a carrier I used to fly for and the Memo was immediately rescinded.

I don't know if it would do any good, but I'd throw that one to your MEC.

Gotta love this. It's been my experience that the companies that just tell their pilots, "if you're sick, you're, sick.... call in that's why we have reserves..." seem to have the fewest pilots calling in sick.

h25b said:
I don't know if it would do any good, but I'd throw that one to your MEC.

I'm on the MEC. There's nothing that can really be done until they actually discipline someone for calling in sick. As it stands now, the memo is perfectly legal even though we can all see that it's a pilot pushing strategy.

It's the Cheesiest!

FirstMate said:
At Piedmont, we receive a wheel of cheese and a junior man.

I REMEMBER THAT! My wife opened it up and said "What the @$#@#$! (and she never cusses or curses!)... It appears your christmas bonus is a food product.

I was overwhelmed with emotion.

Last edited:
You mean at other airlines you only have to talk to management if you call in sick on a holiday. Colgan standard operating procedure is to be transferred to the chief pilots office after you talk to crew scheduling when you call in sick. I love the wink they give you in initial training, when they tell you how you will accrue sick days. You get half a sick day every month, but what ever you do dont call in sick.

As for the christmas bonus, we got a few rumors about a good bonus and more flying, and end up with a big fat nothing. Except of course the obligatory threatening letter about consequences and repercussions..It was great how the company handled it. Let the rumors swirl. Keep us in the dark, unless you're based in MNZ, then you know everything.

But dont get me wrong. I love it here. I am a true team player. ;)

C'mon.... don't you guys know that your Christmas bonus is continued employment.... and your thanks for a job well done is a paycheck...

;)

We at Colgan got nothing this year after a record expansion. Unless you were a manager or worked for Capitol Aviation. Then you got one. The rank and file pilots, mechanics and FAs evidently don't contribute to the company's success.

Superpilot92 said:
Free Hotel and if your lucky free Breakfast in the morning. Enjoy. Bring a strand of Christmas lights to hang in the hotel room around the lamp or something.

No need to bring your own when your hotel loves the crew!!! Our rooms were decorated that week and we even got gift baskets at check in. Heck, there were even Christmas decorations on the desk and lamp. I had to snap a photo so I can always remember Christamas night '05. HO HO HO! :)

http://flyazimuth.com/Photos/christmas05.JPG

WMUSIGPI said:
Yup a notice that I am loosing my job the beginning of next year... oh yea but I am still responsible to pay my training contract if I look for any other work to continue (barely) feeding my family. Courtesy of the
:puke: Red Tail "family". Merry Christmas.
how the fuk can they go after a training contract if you get laid off?? Do they expect you not to work and starve until (and if) they call you back??

Even if it isn't written in to the contract what judge would go for it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back