• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XM Radio MyFi - cockpit questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Java Log or Yellow treats made with Gorilla hands?

Ring ring ring banana phone

Diesel said:
Java Log or Yellow treats made with Gorilla hands?

Ring ring ring banana phone

Jeeb jeeb jeeb. Jeeb jeeb jeeb.

Three lefts dont make a right.

Last edited:
I've been flying the PS Engineering Audio Panel with intercom (PM7000) and stereo input jack. The front seats are wired for Bose, and I use the Bose X.

On long trips I had been bringing a battery powered CD player, and it worked good, but fussing with CD's gets old. This past Christmas I received the WiFi (sp?), and it's awesome.

With the Bose being so quiet, you can hear music through the headset as if you were home and plugged into stereo system. The XM list of channels is a surfers dream. There is always something good to find somewhere.

I use the big "desktop" antenna, and place it on either the left or right side of the glareshield up against the windshield. The Mooney has a fairly flat sloped windshield that always gets 100% reception to the southern hemisphere, but whichever side (left or right) is closer to south is where I place it. There has not been one instance of a signal loss, with probably over 50 hours of listening time so far.

This set-up takes the "long" out of trips! I hate to put it away during descent to the destination.

Latest resources

Back