• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XLS+ at Netjets and Citationshares - Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At one point I had considered working for Netjets (I now have roughly 8,500 hours with 5,000+ jet PIC). It's bad apples like these jokers who make me reconsider. I don't want to become as jaded and selfish as these jackholes. I still love what I do and I enthusiastically enjoy aviation.
Ahhhhh, the life of a regional airline pilot with kids. Them's were the days....

RNO, Buck and Flagship,

Wow - just listen to this crying.... You sound like my kids. Hey, don't blame me for your career choices. You could have gone to Law School or into IT management. Clearly you are jaded and upset about Netjets and its recent challenges. That ain't my fault so don't pi$$ in my cornflakes because you are mad.

I really don't care what you guys think. I am a professional pilot just like you guys and I have questions. That is why I use these boards - to answer my questions. You don't have to answer - PERIOD. I happen to know pilots who really love what they do and they love the different airplanes they fly. You don't. Big deal. Don't answer my questions if you don't care. In fact, please put me on your ignore list so that I don't have to hear your incredibly lame, sad stories.

I do want to thank those pilots who still enjoy what they do and don't mind answering questions. At one point I had considered working for Netjets (I now have roughly 8,500 hours with 5,000+ jet PIC). It's bad apples like these jokers who make me reconsider. I don't want to become as jaded and selfish as these jackholes. I still love what I do and I enthusiastically enjoy aviation.

So, in conclusion, don't answer questions if you don't have something to contribute. Just ignore the question. Don't waste everyone's time with another lame, pointless response. Instead, use that same time to look at the job boards online. There are plenty of airport shuttle services hiring. When you pick me up in the shuttle van, I'll be generous and tell you all about my flying if you are interested. I'll even load the baggage myself.

In conclusion you ask questions that have no answer, however I did try and get some for you today. So the answer to your asinine question number three what are the future plans for the XL/XLS I called CMH. They told me that in the future they are going to mount rocket pods on them and help the border patrol.

Lastly I couldn't be a regional airline guy, because Ray Ban didn't make any glasses that truly me fit well.

As for us being concerned about NJA, I'm sure your cute little outfit has already taken a pay cut, so get a life loser.

I do want to thank those pilots who still enjoy what they do and don't mind answering questions. At one point I had considered working for Netjets (I now have roughly 8,500 hours with 5,000+ jet PIC). .

The point that you are either not listening to or don't like the answer is that no one knows... Your questions are unanswerable, because no one knows.

Oh, BTW wow 8500 hrs and 5000 pic jet... I'm surprised you aren't being asked to crew air force one...

In conclusion you ask questions that have no answer, however I did try and get some for you today. So the answer to your asinine question number three what are the future plans for the XL/XLS I called CMH. They told me that in the future they are going to mount rocket pods on them and help the border patrol.

Lastly I couldn't be a regional airline guy, because Ray Ban didn't make any glasses that truly me fit well.

As for us being concerned about NJA, I'm sure your cute little outfit has already taken a pay cut, so get a life loser.

Hey D-Weed, why don't you leave Mr. Johnson alone? He obviously enjoys what he does (while you don't), and asked some actual questions. If you don't know the answers (obviously)---MOVE ON. Just because your outfit has been smacked by the economy, rendering you fewer bogus tips(for cleaning out your own plane's toilet or bringing USAToday's to the passengers), doesn't mean you should take it out on people who have actual questions. BTW, you should be nice to this Regional Captain since he may be flying you to your week long boring standby in Burlington next tour. But don't worry, Capt Dad said everything was okay at NJA---and recession proof!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Hey J-rod,

I know a few guys on the XL/XLS fleet at Netjets and I'll forward your questions to them. I doubt they will blow up at the thought of spending 10 seconds answering your questions like these guys did. I'll shoot you a PM when I get the answers.

Hey, do you Netjets guys treat your passengers this way when they ask aviation-related questions? Reminder: you don't have to answer questions on these boards.

Hey D-Weed, why don't you leave Mr. Johnson alone? He obviously enjoys what he does (while you don't), and asked some actual questions. If you don't know the answers (obviously)---MOVE ON. Just because your outfit has been smacked by the economy, rendering you fewer bogus tips(for cleaning out your own plane's toilet or bringing USAToday's to the passengers), doesn't mean you should take it out on people who have actual questions. BTW, you should be nice to this Regional Captain since he may be flying you to your week long boring standby in Burlington next tour. But don't worry, Capt Dad said everything was okay at NJA---and recession proof!

Bye Bye--General Lee
You're are a moron....

Answers for NJA:

1. No, we have none yet.

2. Only a fleet ACP or two have been to training so the first part doesn't matter, however the plan is to have two different fleets due to the differences so, no, the pilots will not cross fleets. It will be XL/XLS and XLS+.

3. Hard to say. The XL fleet is the largest at our company (some 105 airframes and 750+ pilots). Cessna stopped the XLS production line so only the "+" is being built right now. Until that point, we were selling off some of our older XLs and replacing them with XLS's. Will that continue with the plus? The XL/S is the best selling airframe we have so it is reasonable to assume they will eventually sell down the older fleet and build up the plus fleet, but we don't actually know the answer.

4. Other than the aforementioned ACPs, we haven't flown it. I have about 2500 hours in the XL/S and have talked to some folks who have flown it. Their comments were something like this...Essentially, the Collins is a much nicer avionics than either the Honeywell or Universal. It removes the whole glareshield annunciator system and puts the autopilot mode controller system up there, which they say is nicer. The center console is widened and there is now a knee panel at the bottom of the dash which all combine to reduce the amount of space in an already tight cockpit. They did not replace the butt-ass hard cockpit seats. The interior panels have been "rounded" more giving it a more spacious look and they say it should hold up better. As far as performance, it is an XLS with 200 lbs more thrust. They say it performs very nicely but is similar to the XLS. Biggest disappointment to me personally is that they did not build a similar wing to the Soveriegn or Encore+. There is no change on speed limitations as built and with a new wing, it could have been a .80 airplane... the one failing of this jet. Current limit is .75 and unless it's really smooth you really don't get over .74 due to the software driven speed warning horn going off.

As for folks commenting on the request, all I can say is that I am reminded of the lesson my parents taught me... that being if you can't say something nice to someone, keep your mouth shut.

Regards,

You're are a moron....

Hey look, Yosemite actually answered Johnsonrod's questions, which was very nice of him. It is amazing that you could not, or would not. I think you need an attitude adjustment, and you should think about it while sitting at your FBO hot standby. BTW, your quote above says "You are are a moron." Flusterd MUCH?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Answers for NJA:

1. No, we have none yet.

2. Only a fleet ACP or two have been to training so the first part doesn't matter, however the plan is to have two different fleets due to the differences so, no, the pilots will not cross fleets. It will be XL/XLS and XLS+.

3. Hard to say. The XL fleet is the largest at our company (some 105 airframes and 750+ pilots). Cessna stopped the XLS production line so only the "+" is being built right now. Until that point, we were selling off some of our older XLs and replacing them with XLS's. Will that continue with the plus? The XL/S is the best selling airframe we have so it is reasonable to assume they will eventually sell down the older fleet and build up the plus fleet, but we don't actually know the answer.

4. Other than the aforementioned ACPs, we haven't flown it. I have about 2500 hours in the XL/S and have talked to some folks who have flown it. Their comments were something like this...Essentially, the Collins is a much nicer avionics than either the Honeywell or Universal. It removes the whole glareshield annunciator system and puts the autopilot mode controller system up there, which they say is nicer. The center console is widened and there is now a knee panel at the bottom of the dash which all combine to reduce the amount of space in an already tight cockpit. They did not replace the butt-ass hard cockpit seats. The interior panels have been "rounded" more giving it a more spacious look and they say it should hold up better. As far as performance, it is an XLS with 200 lbs more thrust. They say it performs very nicely but is similar to the XLS. Biggest disappointment to me personally is that they did not build a similar wing to the Soveriegn or Encore+. There is no change on speed limitations as built and with a new wing, it could have been a .80 airplane... the one failing of this jet. Current limit is .75 and unless it's really smooth you really don't get over .74 due to the software driven speed warning horn going off.

As for folks commenting on the request, all I can say is that I am reminded of the lesson my parents taught me... that being if you can't say something nice to someone, keep your mouth shut.

Regards,

Thank you very much for the info.

Latest resources

Back