Xjt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dnkt

Looks like the perm bid is out at XJT and people are upgrading from 2/16/04. Year and an a half upgrade at XJT isn't to bad.

It won't last things are slowing down. In another few months they will slow to a crawl with no new airplanes and no more flow throughs to CAL.

who knows. i am sure more will leave plus we do have options for for100 more of some aircraft. What those aircraft will be who knows. More than wllling to bet not 145s. we wont know till it happens. But it could go either way.

dnkt said:
Looks like the perm bid is out at XJT and people are upgrading from 2/16/04. Year and an a half upgrade at XJT isn't to bad.

There were only a handfull that held it with that hire date. Also they were the very first class to be hired and were in training with recalled classes. There was a 2 1/2 year gap with no hiring. I hate to say it but I think there wont be many new CA positions on the next bid.

dnkt said:

True, I was surprised myself how junior it went. Thats cool for those guys.

This perm bid has an effective date of April 1. So wouldn't that put the upgrade over 2 years for these guys. Still pretty good.

I think once the growing stops we'll start to see more attrition. It seems that a lot of the Captains I've flown with are getting ready to move on to other things, and I don't see them sitting around here if its stagnant. Of course the movement may not be as strong as it has been, but I don't think its going to come to a screeching hault like American Eagle.

Last edited:
Eternal reserve unfortunately. Hopefully more of us 5+ year folks will get the heck out of here and give the newcomers a chance. I have to admit watching what's happening at Comair scares the bejesus out of me. Proof positive that regionals aren't really the place for career employement.

nimtz said:
Eternal reserve unfortunately. Hopefully more of us 5+ year folks will get the heck out of here and give the newcomers a chance. I have to admit watching what's happening at Comair scares the bejesus out of me. Proof positive that regionals aren't really the place for career employement.

OK then, which airline out there is the most secure? Who's the best bet for being around for the long haul?

Latest resources

Back