XJT Upgrade <2yrs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Truckdriver

Latest System bid has a few fellas hired in Feb 04 as EWR Captains. We went from 5 year upgrades to 20 month upgrades in the space of a few months. These guys will be on reserve for eternity, but they will be logging PIC time at XJT in under 2 years. If CAL takes more XJT guys after the PIG group is gone, look for that number to get closer to 15-18 months.

That bid is effective April 06, so we still have to wait and see. And there are over 100 FOs that have been able to hold captain for a while but choose to stay in the right seat for QOL. Good for these peopleand good for allof us, but for anyone ater them, unless CAL takes a lot more people, upgrade willbe 4 years.

Holding CA on a paper bid and sitting in the left seat are two different things. That guy won't go to training for 3,4 or 5 months and then have 165 FO's senior to him. If they only open 15 captain slots on every bid and some of the 165 FO's decide to upgrade this guy won't see captain for a very very long time.

Yes, yes, yes,

Lets just $hit on their parade why don't we. No matter how you spin it its cool for them.

One also has to remember that all of the guys and galls hired in early '04 were hired or maybe in class by 9/11. They just sat on the fence and worked another job for a few years waiting in the "pool" for XJT to start hiring again.

Its nice to see movement now...... because it will slow down!

celloman said:
Its nice to see movement now...... because it will slow down!

Slow down like a glacier. PS told a recent upgrade class that he expected only 260 more upgrades before those doors on the training center close. I don't know if any of the upgrades on our last perm bid are included in that 260 but end of April is when we'll see the last of them.

<now, this precludes any decision on CAL/XJT hiring after the PIGs are gone>

I was sitting at seniority #1400 about a year ago
Now I'm at 1150. Sure would not be out of the question to break 1000 once all the pref guys go over. It seems I would have to in order to hold a friggin line in CLE.:smash:

Nova said:
Slow down like a glacier. PS told a recent upgrade class that he expected only 260 more upgrades before those doors on the training center close. I don't know if any of the upgrades on our last perm bid are included in that 260 but end of April is when we'll see the last of them.

<now, this precludes any decision on CAL/XJT hiring after the PIGs are gone>

Or we actually get normal attrition not associated with CAL. :nuts: I know that would be a revolutionary concept for XJT.

Latest resources

Back