• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT to furlough t-bags and ufo's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJT did the same thing for ASA. Took our Base, then offered preferential interviews to those who got kicked out.

I understood that ASA did NOT lose ANY aircraft out of that deal. Is that not correct? I know for sure that XJT did NOT take ANY of ASA's aircraft.

XJT did the same thing for ASA. Took our Base, then offered preferential interviews to those who got kicked out.

Most of which upgraded in less than a year - much sooner than they ever would have at ASA.

I understood that ASA did NOT lose ANY aircraft out of that deal. Is that not correct? I know for sure that XJT did NOT take ANY of ASA's aircraft.

ASA lost 4 700s, ships 701, 702, 703, and 705 after SLC closed down. They have since been re-registered at SkyWest.

ASA didn't lose any aircraft after LAX closed, but at about the same time our block hours went down substantially. I don't fault the ExpressJet pilots since our management knew going into the LAX base that it would be a temporary thing (they just didn't communicate that to the pilots).

ASA lost 4 700s, ships 701, 702, 703, and 705 after SLC closed down. They have since been re-registered at SkyWest.

ASA didn't lose any aircraft after LAX closed, but at about the same time our block hours went down substantially. I don't fault the ExpressJet pilots since our management knew going into the LAX base that it would be a temporary thing (they just didn't communicate that to the pilots).

Ok, USCTrojan just made it seem otherwise and that XJT was offering ASA pilots preferential interviews because of lose of aircraft due to XJT gettting the DAL LAX flying.

While taking 29 of their aircraft and operating them with SKW pilots and offering furloughed XJT pilots preferential interviews at SKW and then having the ability to bid on the rest of the XJT flying and take those aircraft as well in 12 months.

The XJT pilots would have to vote on that. Their contract states the seniority lists have to be integrated with a buyout or merger.

Ok, USCTrojan just made it seem otherwise and that XJT was offering ASA pilots preferential interviews because of lose of aircraft due to XJT gettting the DAL LAX flying.

Pretty sure he was talking about the SLC closure.

Really, no ASA pilots have bad words to say about ExpressJet. In fact, they helped us by adjusting the DCI average pilot salaries upward.

SkyWest pilots, on the other hand...

"X-Jet to furlough T-Bags"

Does this mean the management is no longer tea-bagging the pilot group? Shouldn't that be a good thing?

XJT took over the LAX base. No airframes were transferred. The transfer (from LAX back to ATL) was not amicable, but the XJT mgmt. told Chief Pilot RC that "he didn't want any bad blood, so we will offer preferential interviews for anybody who lost their base...." This game is business, gentlemen. Do I have animosity towards XJT pilots for the closure? No. I don't get a say. I just go where they tell me. Unfortunately, it's ATL right now. I suffered through the closure of SLC and the transfer of airframes as well. Do I have animosity towards SKYW pilots? No. The game is business, if you're not competitive, you're done. Are Mesa pilots angry at ASA pilots for MCO?

Trojan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back