• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT to furlough t-bags and ufo's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
XJT took over the LAX base. No airframes were transferred. The transfer (from LAX back to ATL) was not amicable, but the XJT mgmt. told Chief Pilot RC that "he didn't want any bad blood, so we will offer preferential interviews for anybody who lost their base...." This game is business, gentlemen. Do I have animosity towards XJT pilots for the closure? No. I don't get a say. I just go where they tell me. Unfortunately, it's ATL right now. I suffered through the closure of SLC and the transfer of airframes as well. Do I have animosity towards SKYW pilots? No. The game is business, if you're not competitive, you're done. Are Mesa pilots angry at ASA pilots for MCO?

Trojan

Ok but that is way different from what SKW is trying to do to XJT. XJT didn't take ASA airplanes and operate them with XJT pilots furloughing ASA pilots and offering them preferential interviews and having the opportunity to take ALL of ASA airplanes if ASA doesn't become "cost competitive." There is a MAJOR difference there.

Ok but that is way different from what SKW is trying to do to XJT. XJT didn't take ASA airplanes and operate them with XJT pilots furloughing ASA pilots and offering them preferential interviews and having the opportunity to take ALL of ASA airplanes if ASA doesn't become "cost competitive." There is a MAJOR difference there.

Sounds to me like you have nothing to worry about as long as you guys become 'cost competitive' then. Unless you all plan to continue bleeding cash, I guess.

Ahhh, yes...but SKW did take a large number of ASA airplanes, close a base, and offer bottom-of-the-list interviews to all pilots in SLC. All thew while shipping some folks off to a new base that was never supposed to remain open for any length of time in LAX.

Anybody furloughed from Xjet would be lucky to get bottom of the barrel interviews at SkyW. Its a much better company anyways...and you would be better off here. XJT is a sinking ship and we are going to just end up buying up the pieces!!!!

Anybody furloughed from Xjet would be lucky to get bottom of the barrel interviews at SkyW. Its a much better company anyways...and you would be better off here. XJT is a sinking ship and we are going to just end up buying up the pieces!!!!

Junior high school not exciting enough for you huh?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back