• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT to fly UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Economies of scale are a wonderful thing! One thing is for sure - it's not because XJT's labor is cheaper!

Never, ever, ever, never said they were! Never implied they were. Never said XJT pilots in any way, shape or form were sell outs or cut throats.

What I said, for the last time is that XJT management elected to fly routes out of LAX for a profit margin or at a cost the Skywest management (bargaining for ASA, their wholly-owned subsidiary) elected to not do the flying for. Skywest (ASA for Dojet) said they were giving the flying up because it was not profitable to match XJT and they were doing it on a razor thin margin to keep planes and crews flying. (I am glad for those XJT pilots.) I simply refuted that XJT got the flying simply because United feels XJT had the best performance and reliability and was thusly awarded that LAX flying. However it was done, I don't care anymore.

Sorry, man, I know you said you don't care anymore, but.......

I simply refuted that XJT got the flying simply because United feels XJT had the best performance and reliability and was thusly awarded that LAX flying.

United hasn't awarded ANY flying out of LAX to XJT. As nice as it would be, the likely hood is UAL hubs farther east.

I was talking about when XJT was awarded flying that ASA was doing out of LAX about 2 yrs ago.

Good for Expressjet if they get the RFP. I have some friends there and would like to see them actually get some good news for a change.

Latest resources

Back