• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT opening ORD base in May.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As former XJT pilot and remembering what an industry leading regional they once were I regret to say welcome to Mesa Airlines...generation Z

Do you guys remember how mad express jet pilots were when another regional took "their" continental express flying? Just saying....

You'll have plenty of time to drink that beer. When Mesa's MEC goes ta-ta's up and gives up everything in their contract and pay, they will be the fastest growing regional again......putting you out of a job. Every airline in BK, their pilot group surrenders everything to do what it takes to survive.

Same playing field? When you replace another carriers flying, why is it not considered "SCAB work"? Essentially, you have put guys on the street because you do the job for cheaper or what ever reason.

Very well said. This job "not profession" is a joke.

It doesnt matter where the "new" jobs are coming from..... c'mon Wayback.... you have to know this by now.

The point about Mesa coming out of BK being the cheapest to use as feed is a great point...... then they can "steal" the flying from XJT..... mark my words, the XJT kids will be crying bloody murder in a few years if this UA flying goes away..... because it was "their" flying and its being "stolen"!!

:)

haha...I remember reading similar posts about 4 years ago. I was at TSA; I was called "bottom feeder" because TSA was bidding on the CAL Express routes.

I guess we all should be happy though...as one company grows; another shrinks, more people are out of work while others make a little more from short staffing.

This whole situation is rediculous. Maybe "us" as pilots should stand together and get the whole "pay" situation worked out. This whole regional FO being on Food stamps thing is a disgrace, and we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

To everybody that b*tches, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Mainline pilots think we're pathetic...and they're right. To make 80K as an rj Captain when 15 years ago, a Captain flying the same route made 170K is a joke. Yet everyone is on here beating they're chest "I make more than a Mesa pilot" good for you...go tell that to the Airbus Captain then next time you ask for a ride. His look will not only be of disguist but hatred as well...and I don't blame them.

haha...I remember reading similar posts about 4 years ago. I was at TSA; I was called "bottom feeder" because TSA was bidding on the CAL Express routes.

I guess we all should be happy though...as one company grows; another shrinks, more people are out of work while others make a little more from short staffing.

This whole situation is rediculous. Maybe "us" as pilots should stand together and get the whole "pay" situation worked out. This whole regional FO being on Food stamps thing is a disgrace, and we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

To everybody that b*tches, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Mainline pilots think we're pathetic...and they're right. To make 80K as an rj Captain when 15 years ago, a Captain flying the same route made 170K is a joke. Yet everyone is on here beating they're chest "I make more than a Mesa pilot" good for you...go tell that to the Airbus Captain then next time you ask for a ride. His look will not only be of disguist but hatred as well...and I don't blame them.

The only pathetic thing is when the mainline guys voted away scope that allowed this to happen. The economics of air travel are vastly different from 15 years ago, passengers are not willing to pay 1995 prices for tickets.

I agree with the economics part of your statement. The point of my post (which I think I wrote poorly) was that there is a lot of negative things that have happened to the airlines since I wanted to get into this industry; and that "we" as pilots (let it be mainline or regional) can blame ourselves mostly.

If you want to get into Airline Management we can do that too, but if the American people think our banking system is corrupt, we could spend years investigating airline management.

The only pathetic thing is when the mainline guys voted away scope that allowed this to happen.

It would have had to come to this if those high and mighty mainline guys could see the end of their careers if the RJ's weren't brought onto mainline property.
Was no one paying attention to the original Allegheny? The DC-9 isn't referred to as the "Original Regional Jet" because of it's good looks.

Latest resources

Back