XJT news for Rita

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

list2002

Hey guys, any info on our company and plans for Rita? Supposed to fly to Mexico Friday afternoon. If things go bad, Rita is scheduled to hit Friday night. Don't feel like getting stuck in Mexico with the family in Houston.
Up pretty far north west, XJT ghetto north, but wondering if people have heard anything, no letters on ccs yet.
Thanks in advance.

A little bird told me we're going to have ARC's standing by. Possibly sending aircraft north if the storm stays on track.

i am off till monday thank god. so i will be on the northside of houston also at home. Definitly is going to throw a wrench in the system.

The only leg I've got to worry about is a Saturday morning CLT-IAH to finish up my four day. We'll see how that works out.

I was at the Wal-Mart grocery store tonight, (Far NW Houston) and there was actually a run on the place. Panicked morons had cleaned out the canned goods sections and bottled water. I noticed a direct correlation to size also. The people with their carts full of hurricane supplies were so fat that they would:
  1. Float
  2. Not have to worry about starving for a long time.
A little preparation is laudable, but come on folks. We're roughly 75 miles from the gulf in my neighborhood. There's gonna be damage with wind and rain, but this isn't New Orleans.

Panicked morons had cleaned out the canned goods sections and bottled water.

Were you one of them ????

Doug Parker said:
Were you one of them ????
No, I've already got my terrorist attack contigency water in the garage. Tonight I was buying Tabasco suace and detergent.

What would you use to combat your SJS while cowering in the basement in the event of a large disaster?

Doug Parker said:

What would you use to combat your SJS while cowering in the basement in the event of a large disaster?

Surprise surprise. Funny that you just posted something about SJS on a CHQ thread about 5 minutes ago. Your posts are worthless and one dimensional. Makes sense though coming from someone in management that couldn't make it past the private pilot stage of his flight training.

Last edited:

Don't be hatin' dogg - Just because you're willing to take a pay cut to fly your shiny jet.............that money just goes in my pocket !!

Doug Parker said:

Gee Doug, let me see. I assume you're talking about a large-scale terrorist attack on US soil. If that's the case, and I survive, (There are no basements in Texas) I plan on being part of the new military/government ruling uber-class that will subjugate your freedom, rights, posessions and resources once martial law is declared and my reserve unit is activated.

All kidding aside, look at my profile Dougie. If you think I have SJS, you're sadly mistaken. More like NMLOTFPSITOOTFRQJIOI syndrome. (No-more-life-on-the-fricken-pager-so-I-took-one-of-the-few-retirement-quality-jobs-in-our-industry)

You take care.

Latest resources

Back