XJT news for Rita

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doug Parker said:
I was actually referring to Hurricane Rita............are you prepared for the Looters?
No, you were inferring that I somehow have SJS. (Nice try) Concerning your looters question, come on Dougie, let's be serious. I'll answer that qustion if you'd like, but I think you're more than smart enough to not need a basic lesson on geography, human behavior, and urban/sub-urban infrastructure.

Last edited:
Great I picked up a 4 day on Friday that goes EWR-XNA-IAH-ORD......

If you get stuck in IAH, we're planning a hurricane party over at my place. Give me a shout if you get stuck here.

As for the people stocking up and preparing for the worst, give me a break... It took me an hour to get out of freakin' Wal-Mart last night. And all I needed was booze. At least there's no run on that....

Doug Parker said:

What would you use to combat your SJS while cowering in the basement in the event of a large disaster?

Open Wide.... Take a dose of this."STFU" !!!

LJDRVR said:
We're roughly 75 miles from the gulf in my neighborhood. There's gonna be damage with wind and rain, but this isn't New Orleans.

Having lived in the Conroe, Baytown and Galveston areas for 17 years, the bigest problem with a hurricane inland is the tornados that spawn from the TRW+'s. The downed trees will take out the power lines. When I lived in CXO, I was on the same power grid as the hospital, and my electricity was out for three days. A lot of folks were out for three weeks. This thing will have hurricane force winds 100 miles from the eye, and it will most likely will maintain a level 1 until it reaches the Byran-College Station area. Most people in the rural areas require electricity to run the water pumps on their wells. If you have a generator, more power to you, as long as you have gasoline to run it. You'll need a few weeks worth.

I'm not my grandfather, sweating like a pig during the day, and taking cold showers in the dark sucks. I believe in my creature comforts.

The moral of the story (I love morals) is don't take this too likely.

Why are you people shopping at WALMART ???

Oh that's right, it's a Texas thing....

(One of the scariest places I've ever been in my life......WALMART parking lot in North Houston)

Latest resources

Back