Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT management at the negotiation table requests.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

drinksonme

From the latest Joint Negotiation Blastmail

"...management's negotiators requested significant financial concessions. These concessions, they contend, are necessary because our pilot operating costs are too high to win new flying. Without real cost reductions, management does not believe that ExpressJet can compete with airlines like Compass, GoJet, Eagle, and Pinnacle with lower pilot costs, not to mention our own sister Company? SkyWest Airlines."

This should be fun....

Last edited:
Typical canned response from management. My water/power bills are higher. I'm spending more at the grocery store. I'm spending more at the pump. Neighborhood fees are up. Insurance is up. I'm working longer hours. Getting less rest. And they think I'm going to agree to financial concessions? No.

The problem has ALWAYS been there are too many people out there willing to do this job for peanuts. Stop selling yourselves short. Especially the FO's up to their necks in student loan debt with no light at the end of the tunnel.

And when FTDT rules kick in, good luck ever going over min guarantee, while working more days to get to min, and they want you to earn less money. Bottom line, this company no longer can compete. To do so is would be on the backs of the employees working more and earning less. It's probably time to let it die. It won't be today or this year, but as contracts expire, we go the way of Comair, ACA, etc. this thing is over. If they can't find a way to increase revenue to make this successful while rewarding employees, the. They have no business being in business.

This is where we could really use the support of SkyWest pilots. Our brothers and sisters at SkyWest need to see this, they are using them to drive wages, overall compensation down. And SkyWest people, please understand that if St. George is somehow successful, you're next in the spiral. We need your help and support, desperately.

Wake up people. Stand your ground and the airlines will adapt.

And if not, **** it. It's not like you won't have anywhere else to go.

Sorry, but no. The buck's got to stop somewhere. Why not here.

Where is the email? I never got it.

Last edited:
THEY (Skywest) signed an agreement that we would be the 2nd lowest cost... blaa, blaa, blaaa.....
Everyone praises the crap out of Skywest management and how amazing they are and they always have a plan. Well guess what... Delta out maneuvered you. Now find a way out of it. We will NOT be Pinnacle. Go F your self and deal with the lack of anyone spending the money it takes to do this S job. Good luck. (B!tch)

The email said we need to be cost competitive in order to compete with the likes of compass, pinnacle and the eagle. I say fine, let them have the flying. If we can't fill classes with decent contracts, how are they going to fill cockpits with concessionary contracts?

Things are about to get interesting around here, any ASA folks remember what Sep 2007 was like?

They really do need to combine us if they want cost savings. What a bunch of peckerheads. I wlll never do those donkey's a favor. Asking us for money is bs.

Latest resources

Back