XJT interview on Thursday (Nov 3)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apache 5 said:
Everytime I ride XJT, they're always full! There has got to be an idea for more airplanes or bigger airplanes....hopefully.

Hopefully anything bigger will go to CAL. What good does it do for regionals to get larger airplanes and pay us 50 seat rates to fly them? It's definitely not good for the future of this career. Who is to say that the E170 won't be the E135 of the new generation of Embraers. I like our managements decision to wait and see especially with high oil prices. Welcome aboard.

Didn't get the job. I was in the morning class...I nailed the jepp/systems stuff. The only thing I didn't do 100% on was decoding a TAF -- of course, the one thing I skipped over when studying. I deserved that one. They told me I needed to more flight time (around 700/300), but another guy got hired with maybe 20 more hours than me so I'm not sure what the real reason was. No one else was asked about the TAF except me...I thought that was a little odd. Everyone seemed surprised that I didn't get it.

The question now is do I apply elsewhere or wait 3 months and try again?

FlyingBuckI said:
The question now is do I apply elsewhere or wait 3 months and try again?

I'd apply elsewhere instead of waiting for XJT. The way things seem to be progressing right now I highly doubt we will be hiring in 3 months. DOn't waste the time waiting that you could be applying someplace else.

Except G0Jets

Keep on working on the total time I know I am low ,, but I hear that air wisonsin is suppose to hire a bunch and you already have the multi time. They have lowered their total time before especially when they need pilots. I have a friend that works there and he loves it, they are probably going to come into some areas for growing too, so the outlook may look good there. other airlines I know that were hiring were colgan and skyway for the amount of time you have

Millls22 said:
Also to all your Express Jet guys out there, I have heard I'm going to start out on reserve in Newark, how long before I can move to CLE on reserve or hold a line in EWR. My friend works for Express and thinks I can get CLE right out of training, I think he is full of it though. Just lookin for some info!!

anyone who wants CLE right now is getting it.

msuspartans24 said:
anyone who wants CLE right now is getting it.

...along with some who don't.

littlebrownman said:
I was curious if someone could tell me if XJT pays for training or lodging while in training?
Holiday Inn next to IAH is paid for, and you are given a check for around $1500.00.

littlebrownman said:
I appreciate it. Also, could you tell me how long training is?
No problem dude.. About two months, give or take due to holidays etc.

Latest resources

Back