• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT interview on Thursday (Nov 3)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My experience same as above. Went with a Co-worker, I didn't get the job...supposedly they only hired 2(1 being my friend) out of the 20 or so they had interviewed in the morning. rumor i have heard that this is a trend lately (ie being more selective)

no hard feelings, nice company just didn't work out the first time

I know my frind had north of 2000 hrs and the other guy had about the same i think

I would definately say have all your paperwork in order just as they want it. I interviewed a few weeks ago and got hired. I didn't think the interview was to bad, I also have over 2000 hrs and currently work for a 121 carrier. (Soon to be furloughed) Some of the guys with less time really got grilled in there, mostly on the jepp charts and approach plates. No one really got it to bad on their aircraft systems though, just basic stuff on your most current twin or turbine aircraft. I know they are being more selective though, in my interveiw class the only two guys that were taken out of about 20 had pretty high time and previous 121 experience. Not trying to discourage anyone though. Good Luck!!!

Also to all your Express Jet guys out there, I have heard I'm going to start out on reserve in Newark, how long before I can move to CLE on reserve or hold a line in EWR. My friend works for Express and thinks I can get CLE right out of training, I think he is full of it though. Just lookin for some info!!

see you there

Flyingbuck I will see you there on thursday, I don't know what to study anymore, got that whole feeling they will ask something I don't know about.

If you knew your Jepps, systems of the most complex a/c you're flying, basic IFR regs (91, 135, or 121 whichever you currently operate under) you'll do ok. Paperwork like everyone else said is the biggy. I think they're probably being more selective since it is the end of the year. I was hired in September (start class a week from today) and quite a few people in that day were hired. I would say 75% of the 30 that interviewed.

Nick

Millls22 said:
Also to all your Express Jet guys out there, I have heard I'm going to start out on reserve in Newark, how long before I can move to CLE on reserve or hold a line in EWR. My friend works for Express and thinks I can get CLE right out of training, I think he is full of it though. Just lookin for some info!!

You will probably be in EWR at first. CLE is the most senior base for the most part. Not because its cool, I think it suxs big time. The base is shrinking and has been for some time. Its the shrinkage thats making it senior not people bidding there. Good luck.

Interviewed about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and about 50% got offers, I think. I had the highest time of the group I was in (1700/800) by the way and there were two guys who got picked up with under 1000 hrs. Overall, I was impressed as hell with the people I dealt with at XJT- seems like a real 1st class operation. MY ONLY FEAR- I really hope the company continues to grow. I am really wondering what CAL has in mind for the future....with Bombardier halting production of the 50 seat CRJ and CHQ transitioning to the E170 and ASA moving to more CRJ 700s- what is XJT going to do? Everytime I ride XJT, they're always full! There has got to be an idea for more airplanes or bigger airplanes....hopefully.

I'm excited to start nonetheless.

When I fininshed training in July at XJT, CLE was the most jr. base for FO's. EWR was second and noone was getting IAH. Seems that CLE has a lot of Senior people there but it just depends on when you come out of training what base you get. If you want CLE you would probably be able to get it shortly with either a base trade or perm bid. It seems like the perm bids are coming out every 3 months.

Good Luck

flyingbuckI did you get hired?

Was just wondering how everything went?,, Hope everything went well. I got offered a job for the december class send me a message maybe I met you there and just dont know.

Latest resources

Back