• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

xjt going at it on their own...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let em talk. If the venture fails they'll all be here tellin us that they told us so while they're taking another s-tty contract because they are no good regional contracts left to bring the standards up. Small minds..tsk. But at least they told us so...

If you guys have actually discovered a way to make the ERJ seat comfortable, then you are sitting on a goldmine. Please license it to all the other airlines that fly ERJs!

I would take a RJ seat anyday over a 73 seat!

I agree, if our seats were a bit thicker and didn't sit so upright so that you could actually go to sleep without your head falling forward it would be MUCH better than a 737. I commute halfway across the country in 737's every week and I'd honestly rather be on an RJ.

I like the idea, break the paradigms. Some of the routes may work, while others may not, they have the flexibility to change them. Problem is their cost structure is going to go way up (ticketing, etc)

The problem was that AA reconfigured a few F100s and match them route for route, price for price. AA doesnt fly F100s anymore or those routes......because they put Legend Air out of business on routes that HAD NO competition.

I'd like to see where/how any airline could pull out 40+ airplanes to server all the markets and go head to head with xjt with those all so valuable ff miles. It might be a risky venture for xjt to sell tickets, but with the cal cpa they could lose 200 million with branded flying and still post a profit for the year.

If everyone is so up to speed on the regional business, tell me why mair... keeps big sky selling tickets when it has never posted a profit.

We are NOT like Indy Air. They chose to go toe to toe with some heavy hitters in markets that were already being served. We are choosing markets that are either underserved or have no service at all. In addition, we have other revenue streams that will float the bill until this thing takes off.

I have faith that our management will do the right thing. You don't hear too much complaining about our management here or anywhere else. I think that speaks volumes about what we have here at Express.

If I am wrong, it will be off to a large cargo operator for me.

In addition, I am a lot less worried working for ExpressJet than I would/should feel about anyone else and that you cannot put a price on.

IF you were smart, you'd leave for one NOW and not wait till this venture fails miserably and be stuck competing for jobs with the rest of your XJT compadres.

Latest resources

Back