• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

xjt going at it on their own...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who's to say that in ten years majors don't use CPA's and instead code share with airlines doing just what XJT is doing. Seems like a less risky way to get incremental passengers from small markets. If XJT gets a code share with a major airline and passengers are able to use ff miles, they may be onto something. It will be great that they have 80% of their business in CPA's so they can try this route out for a couple of years. If they lose some money it isn't going to kill them like it did FlyI. I hope it all works out for all those at XJT. I know they are all excited to finally get some stuff going on the west coast.

We are NOT like Indy Air. They chose to go toe to toe with some heavy hitters in markets that were already being served. We are choosing markets that are either underserved or have no service at all. In addition, we have other revenue streams that will float the bill until this thing takes off.

I have faith that our management will do the right thing. You don't hear too much complaining about our management here or anywhere else. I think that speaks volumes about what we have here at Express.

If I am wrong, it will be off to a large cargo operator for me.

In addition, I am a lot less worried working for ExpressJet than I would/should feel about anyone else and that you cannot put a price on.

Last edited:
Because you know so much about business... Was paying to fly for GIA a good business move?

Can't debate the topic? Do you have to take a personal shot because you think it helps you become "dominate" in the conversation. Please, act a bit more mature than that. You don't know a thing about my career. And, you know nothing about me. By the way, I just score a job with a fat paycheck. So maybe it was a good business move for me to fly at GIA.

Good day Sir.

We are choosing markets that are either underserved or have no service at all. .

Legend Air had a great idea. Due to the Wright Amendment Act, airplanes with more than 56 (?) seats could not fly from Dallas love to LAX or ORD or IAD. Since, SWA couldnt fly those routes they figured that they would configure their DC9s with 56 seats and have NO competition. The problem was that AA reconfigured a few F100s and match them route for route, price for price. AA doesnt fly F100s anymore or those routes......because they put Legend Air out of business on routes that HAD NO competition.

Wishing you the best of luck, but a bit of reality as well.

OK for you arm chair CEO's that feel that XJT is going to fail.

I encourage you to get online and go to www.expressjet.com or as of Feb 1st www.xjet.com to please go online and fill out an application and or submit your resume to me so I can forward it on to the appropriate people that you all are applying for a CEO position. Because please, please, please come and save us and be our HERO:rolleyes:

Thanks for your time!!!:bomb:

OK for you arm chair CEO's that feel that XJT is going to fail.

I encourage you to get online and go to www.expressjet.com or as of Feb 1st www.xjet.com to please go online and fill out an application and or submit your resume to me so I can forward it on to the appropriate people that you all are applying for a CEO position. Because please, please, please come and save us and be our HERO:rolleyes:

Thanks for your time!!!:bomb:

You must open your mind, my son.

Good luck with the airline. For your sake, I hope it works, but dont think you wont have competition.
The same could be said for your situation. Good luck-make sure you have a plan B, however.

Latest resources

Back