• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

xjt going at it on their own...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wait until CAL says goodbye to the next batch. Don't think it's going to happen?

We fully expect Larry the Bean Counter to kick us in the sack the next time around. Which is precisely why now is the time to branch out and try to change the regional model for our benefit. Thank God we have the management we do and not the Rev. Bedford or J.O.!

Since when are 145LR/XR's weight challenged? No problems taking 50 + 2 jumpseaters and 2000+ lbs of cargo 99% of the time. The only problems occur when you have a very distant alternate, you run into a landing structural limitation.

man, i must be bad luck... people must love to pack heavy on the flights I work... :rolleyes:

I have seemed to run into a ZFW issue with the LR a lot more lately it seems. and also 52 people and 2000 cargo is not really possible in the LR, (unless you have many 1/2 weights)... that is 11828 payload.... 39462 MZFW - 11828 = 27634 and the BOW on the LRs usually around 28000 from my memory.

and as far as the alternate... hmmm.... we had CLL as an alt the other day, weight restriction to 48... changed it to EFD and good for 50 people. CLL isn't very distant, in my opinion.

i'm with you, though, XRs are usually not a problem.

It can work. As I understand this, CAL has given you no other option (sounds familiar). The problem is when the Legacy Carriers with there FF mileage perks come in and match the flights, lower the fares and offer triple mileage. NWA did this to I-Air. As did Delta (Comair). AA did this to Legend.

I thought people only cared about saving saving 10$ on a ticket and didn't care who they flew on. I'm sure I could quote that from 1000+ other posts on this board.

I thought people only cared about saving saving 10$ on a ticket and didn't care who they flew on. I'm sure I could quote that from 1000+ other posts on this board.

This is what surprised me too. This might be the case for the people that fly once every two or three years, but think about all of the people that carry AA or UAL mastercards trying to get those airline points. After a 15 year "relationship", UAL dumped ACA like nothing. UAL treated their own employees like sh*t, made all of their vendors renogiate contracts, but there customers kept coming back. They wanted those FF miles.

When I read the title of this thread, I thought the XJT pilots were doing "manual" flight plans, if you know what I mean.

There's too many of you naysayers to respond to individually, but let me spell my feelings out.

I'd rather try this and have it not work, then just give up and hand the planes over the CHQ. Secondly, why all the negativity? Are you all really that miserable and spiteful that you'd like to see us fail? If we don't get something else going, we'll be in big trouble in two years when CAL tries to take another 25% of our fleet and hand it over to CHQ.

Heard this from higher ups. XJT will be flying to 24 cities by July 1 with the initial flights starting on Apr 2. XJet.com opens on Feb 1 for ticket sales. Flights will offer free XM radio, meals on most flights, one dollar for beer and 3 for wine and spirits. Freq Flier program will also be available and possible tie in with another legacy ff program. Look for routes which currently have no nonstop service. They are not advertising as an LCC!! Thicker seat cushions are being added to make the experience even more pleasing. The service is meant to bypass hubs and NOT compete directly with the big 5. Anyway, it will be a noble effort to try something different. Sales will be through all the big GDS guys such as Sabre, Travelocity and Orbitz. Good luck fellows, this just may be what the US transportation system needs!!

I'd rather try this and have it not work, then just give up and hand the planes over the CHQ. Secondly, why all the negativity? .

This is the way that the ACA employees thought about Mesa. They went on their own and then went out of business. This is why I am out of the airlines and happy at NJs.

This is what all of you regional pilots can expect for the rest of your career in the regionals. They will continue to grow one, while shrinking another. Whats going on at Comair, ASA, Mesaba, etc. But people are sending their apps into Compass. The cycle continues.

Good luck with the airline. For your sake, I hope it works, but dont think you wont have competition.

You'd think people would be hoping this takes off. Do you want to see one of the top paying "regionals" starting cutting away at the contract, hurting everyone else's chances of a raise?

It's not that we aren't hoping for it. We do give moral support to the pilot group. However, most people know that it's just not a good business move. There is no money to be made it this. Also, they aren't offering anything "new", "special", or "revolutionary" to the industry. On top of all that, it's almost like they are going to be competing with themselves. Why wage war within your own koffers? You are just going to hurt employees and stockholders. Not to mention, their relationship with their airlines.

It's not that we aren't hoping for it. We do give moral support to the pilot group. However, most people know that it's just not a good business move. There is no money to be made it this. Also, they aren't offering anything "new", "special", or "revolutionary" to the industry. On top of all that, it's almost like they are going to be competing with themselves. Why wage war within your own koffers? You are just going to hurt employees and stockholders. Not to mention, their relationship with their airlines.

Because you know so much about business... Was paying to fly for GIA a good business move?

Latest resources

Back