Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT forces 47 PAX to sleep aboard aircraft in Rochester, MN?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dumb move

I find it hard to believe that it was a captain’s decision not to deplane. This kind of situation would be elevated to a high level of management in Expressjet.

That being said any rational pilot would declare an emergency and deplane rather then to kidnap their passengers for that long overnight.

When asked reason for emergency, Crew fatigue, Crew unable to can't keep passengers safe.

According to the FlightAware, I don't see where the dispatcher planned adequately enough to fly AROUND the TS along the route of flight.

Last edited:
Completely wrong

We are on a CPA with CAL not a fee for departure contract.

Um no I am not!!! Completion factor is part of the compensation from cal. Or at least it was for nearly the decade I was there!!!!

What stairs?

You mean to tel me that POS plane (regardless who drives one) doesn't have self-contained stairs?

I don't fly that thing nor have I ever.

It would have been interesting if there was a medical emergency. That would have gotten the ball rolling to have stairs provided.

Completely wrong

We are on a CPA with CAL not a fee for departure contract.

And have u seen the "contract"? Cause I heard it's in the reamsters home safe behind who the second gunman was on the grassy Nol...next to the real reason s.Paylin resigned!!!!!

You mean to tel me that POS plane (regardless who drives one) doesn't have self-contained stairs?

It's an option, just like it is on a 737. As that airline normally hooks up to jetways, the self-contained stairs just get in the way. Other operators that don't often use jetways got them delivered with the integrated stairs.

It would have been interesting if there was a medical emergency. That would have gotten the ball rolling to have stairs provided.
Indeed it would. I can only imagine what fun that was with the overflowing toilets and screaming, tired babies... :(

Latest resources

Back