• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT FA jumpseat now available to offline pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In keeping with ExpressJet’s position of being a leader in the regional airline industry, effective immediately ExpressJet Airlines will now offer the FA jumpseat to all OAL pilots in accordance with the following hierarchy:

· Assigned FA if required to have two flight attendants on board
· Inflight personnel on Company business during an oversell situation
· XJT FA on personal travel
· Flight attendant from major carrier for which flight is being operated traveling on personal travel – e.g. Continental/Continental Micronesia flight attendant on flight operated as Continental Express; United flight attendant on flight operated as United Express.
· FA (with reciprocal FA jumpseat agreement in place)
· Other Continental Express/Connection (on flight operated as Continental Express) or United Express (on flight operated as United Express) flight attendant with authorized jumpseat privileges on ExpressJet
· Any FA from another airline with authorized jumpseat privileges on ExpressJet
· XJT pilots
· XJT dispatchers/mechanics
· Pilot from a major carrier for which flight is being operated traveling on personal travel – e.g. Continental/Continental Micronesia pilot on flight operated as Continental Express;
· United pilot on flight operated as United Express
· OAL pilots

This shift in policy reaffirms ExpressJet’s position as an industry leader, and we encourage all carriers to follow our lead and open up their flight attendant jumpseat to commuting pilots.

At present, Jet Blue is the only other carrier that will allow commuting pilots access to their FA jumpseat.

This new policy will be reflected in a forthcoming FOM revision which is at the printer now and should be distributed no later than January 15.

Nice! You guys rock. I commute each week on XJT and always have a positive experience. Hopefully others follow.

Just a question...

If I were to jumpseat on the 145, and I ended up in the F/A jumpseat on a full flight, wouldn't that make me the 51st passenger, which would in turn require 2 flight attendants, the second of which would be required to sit in the jumpseat I was just assigned? I am not trying to bash the new policy. It will make commuting a lot easier for a lot of people. I just am unclear on the legality of it.

You are not a PAX, you are the Additional Crew Member. That's how JB can carry 155 with 3 FAs & 3 ACMs in the back (and front and back again ;) ) and 2 up front.

Just a question...

If I were to jumpseat on the 145, and I ended up in the F/A jumpseat on a full flight, wouldn't that make me the 51st passenger, which would in turn require 2 flight attendants, the second of which would be required to sit in the jumpseat I was just assigned? I am not trying to bash the new policy. It will make commuting a lot easier for a lot of people. I just am unclear on the legality of it.

You are not a PAX, you are the Additional Crew Member. That's how JB can carry 155 with 3 FAs & 3 ACMs in the back (and front and back again ;) ) and 2 up front.

So you can't booze it up when jumpseating? Uh oh.....

Just a question...

If I were to jumpseat on the 145, and I ended up in the F/A jumpseat on a full flight, wouldn't that make me the 51st passenger, which would in turn require 2 flight attendants, the second of which would be required to sit in the jumpseat I was just assigned?

Only in the eyes of IND FSDO. ;)

Latest resources

Back