• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT FA jumpseat now available to offline pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very nice folks. Where in the world do you fit an extra F/A jumpseat on an EMB?

Between the last row of seats and the bulkhead in front of the lav. Slides behind the double seat row. It's a total magic trick to extend/stow it. When it's out, it creates a 5 abreast row of seating in the last row.

so can people still go to the lue?

Well, I'm sure some people will take this off on a tangent.

But the way it usually works, and the way I've done it when I've rode on it.

Depending on the length of the flight, above 10,000 the JS'er gets up, heads to the front and stays out of the FA's way while they do their thing. If the FA says it's cool to sit in their seat, fine. If it's a long flight, and the FA has time to relax, I'll just get up and stand in the galley. When coming back though 10, just head back to the seat.

I ran into a problem with this policy today. Jumpseating on XJT today, a mainline Continental pilot already had the jump, the captain came to the gate just to confirm with the gate agent about the load, like we should all do when full. I asked the capt if I could take the FA jump. The agent said no, and the capt said he would find out. He called the chief pilot and was told only Continental affiliated pilots could use that seat. The capt convinced the Continental guy to take the FA jump so I could get on the cockpit jump. Thanks to the crew I got home but was concerned because no one knew about the before mentioned policy. Should I contact my JS coordinator to inquire. Thanks.

We can take any pilot in the FA js as long as there are no authorized FA trying to use it. Actually, we can take any non rev in the FA jump seat but there are a lot of politics involved. Yes, you should contact your js rep about this and get your airline to do the same.

We can take any pilot in the FA js as long as there are no authorized FA trying to use it. Actually, we can take any non rev in the FA jump seat but there are a lot of politics involved. Yes, you should contact your js rep about this and get your airline to do the same.

Not the case on our UAX flights. Our ORD chief has said that United told us nobody is allowed to use this seat based on how our contract set up... I'm guessing they just want to collect more non-rev fees from the employees.

Latest resources

Back