• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT contract almost there?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Temporary position notice for November, the guys that took it are pretty senior. Everyone moved down 6 spots.... It will effect whose off for thanksgiving, weekends etc...Question is , did anyone see a position notice or email for volunteers previous to this?

Temporary position notice for November, the guys that took it are pretty senior. Everyone moved down 6 spots.... It will effect whose off for thanksgiving, weekends etc...Question is , did anyone see a position notice or email for volunteers previous to this?

Ummm, yeah, it came out on Oct 2 from the manager of manpower planning. I'm guessing your one of the guys that when you log on to duty in there are 348 unread emails in your inbox?

Now for your issues with senior pilots. The only thing I can tell you is sorry, but your going to have to learn to deal with it. It will get better for you, if we can continue to bring on new hires. That moves you off the bottom. And for some good news to you, it looks like you moved up a number at the end of this month, but you would have to read your email to know why.

Sorry sport but I was not the only guy that didn't get that e-mail I talked to several guys in IAD yesterday and they didn't get it either..... No I don't have 300 emails. I'm also based in ATL....And I'm sure as hell not on the bottom....

us Iad pilots did not receive the email that we are about to get screwed over again by the company's inability to staff Dulles. Oh we'll time to fly by the book and hopefully we don't get cancelled and were not so late so pax dont miss their connections.

us Iad pilots did not receive the email that we are about to get screwed over again by the company's inability to staff Dulles. Oh we'll time to fly by the book and hopefully we don't get cancelled and were not so late so pax dont miss their connections.

That'll show 'em

Why not just TDY some reserves instead of screwing with bidding positions in a holiday month..

So, its ok with you to screw reserves from another base and send them on a 30 day trip. Sorry. That does not honor seniority. I'm sorry you did not get the notice. I reviewed it and it went to people that can do the assignment. No CR7 pilots or IAD pilots got it because they can't do anything about it.

What happened was the fairest thing to do in regards to honoring the seniority system. They have addresses the shortage in IAD with all the pilots coming in Jan. Obviously, United asked us to do some more flying at a time when Delta is asking for less. Another means that could have happened is to just build trips out the other domiciles to cover the IAD flying. I have seen trips that do this in open time. I have never heard the real reason why we don't switch customers on overnights, i.e. Dal day 1, 4, and UAL in the middle. I know we have had delays carry over, but I credit that to the morons who build pairings with scheduled reduced rest. Fix that and it is easy to cover the flying. Skywest has been doing for years on the West Coast markets.

Are you saying you don't normally fly by the book?

Latest resources

Back