• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT & ASA Contract Information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you mean when on rsv and pass x hours of line value the company can bypass you so you don't break guarantee?

Well, my understanding is that a reserve pilot has the right to bypass a trip at Expressjet. As a result, they answer their phones when scheduling calls.

At ASA, when you get a call from scheduling, you ignore it, pull up your online schedule with a copy of the contract to see how you are getting Fu**ed, call the scheduling hotline to confirm you are getting Fu**ed, look up the FAA hotline for later use and find out who the chief pilot on call is......THEN you call scheduling back to tell them it is an illegal trip.

A reserve pilot at ASA cannot refuse an assignment. I thought Expressjet guys could.

Not true?

XJT also has

3.0 hrs soft time for calander day layovers.

If reserves fly more than a certain amount (74.75 I think off the top of my head) they can request to be released or payed 3.75 for each addition duty day till the rest of the month (If called or not)

trip touching drops for vacation. (if any of your trip falls into vacation the entire pairing is removed from your schedule.)

trip touching drops for vacation. (if any of your trip falls into vacation the entire pairing is removed from your schedule.)

We currently have this, but PBS will get rid of it.

Is PBS dead? Or will it simply be implemented at Skywest?

Well, my understanding is that a reserve pilot has the right to bypass a trip at Expressjet. As a result, they answer their phones when scheduling calls.

At ASA, when you get a call from scheduling, you ignore it, pull up your online schedule with a copy of the contract to see how you are getting Fu**ed, call the scheduling hotline to confirm you are getting Fu**ed, look up the FAA hotline for later use and find out who the chief pilot on call is......THEN you call scheduling back to tell them it is an illegal trip.

If you're on reserve and they call you during you're phone availability, you have to accept the trip if it's a legal assignment. The only stipulation is that they can't roll your days when assigning you a trip. For example, if you only have 1 day of reserve left, they cannot give you a 2-day trip. They can give you a one day trip and then reassign you at the end of that pairing and roll your day.

A reserve pilot at ASA cannot refuse an assignment. I thought Expressjet guys could.

Not true?

Nope. See above. Line holders can refuse a trip if they call and try to junior man or reassign you. The contract states you have to be available for a trip however, it does not define availability.

One thing that's nice is that we're not require to call in after we finish a pairing on reserve. We can check the computer scheduling system 15 minutes after block-in (30 minutes for int'l and 0 minutes for deadhead) and if there's nothing on it, we're released to rest or days off automatically.

Release #10.XJT
August 4, 2010

ExpressJet pilots reviewing proposed sale, merger of airline

HOUSTON, TEXAS—Capt. Chris Cashmareck, chairman of the ExpressJet pilots’ unit of the Air Line Pilots Association, Int’l, reacted today to the formal announcement of the intended sale of ExpressJet Airlines to SkyWest Holdings, Inc., with a subsequent merger of the airline with Atlantic Southeast Airlines.

Said Capt. Cashmareck, “Every transaction presents opportunities and risks. We need to review and evaluate the plan for the combined airline before we can commit to taking a position to support or oppose the sale/merger. What I can state unequivocally is that, just as airline mergers over the past few years have shown us, it will take pilot involvement and support to realize any true measure of success for this or any transaction.”

The pilots union for ExpressJet pilots sent a letter to ExpressJet Holdings management stating the fundamental requirements for support of a sale/merger. Among them are the following:
  • the transaction must result in a profitable airline that provides long term stability and progressive career potential for our pilots;
  • the transaction must fully honor the scope and successorship provision of our collective bargaining agreement;
  • management must commit to negotiating a joint collective bargaining agreement with all involved parties that benefits all pilots; and
  • there must be a fair and equitable seniority list integration.
ALPA represents nearly 53,000 pilots at 38 airlines in the United States and Canada, including the more than 2,700 pilots at ExpressJet Airlines.
###
Contacts:
Amy Flanagan, Air Line Pilots Association, 281-925-4601 or [email protected]
Lydia Jakub, Air Line Pilots Association, 480-586-5873 or [email protected][/quote]

Last edited:
ASA/Skywest didn't spend the last year and millions of dollars to implement PBS just to throw it out the window.

Then they can spend millions more on other contract improvements to keep it in place, you will have another vote if it even gets put into the JCBA.

Latest resources

Back