XJT & ASA Contract Information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NotTooBad

First off - I know the call sign sucks. Hopefully that is the Expressjet guys biggest dilemma with this whole thing. :)

I am sure we are aware that if this becomes a US Air/America West thing we all lose. A DAL/NWA merger is probably desired by all. No one should "Win". My personal opinion is irrelevant (as is everyone else's). The deal appears to be happening and we should make the best of it.

I would invite guys/gals to post the "highlights" of the companies contracts to see what may be in this for us. I personally think that ASA/XJT have the better contracts in the industry. If the better parts were combined - I'm sure we have the best of the regional industry. I know it's somewhat of a smartest kid with down syndrome thing but we should make the place worth working at since we can't control many parts of the industry.

The entire ASA contract can be found publicly at ASAContract.com.

I would say the highlights are:

Duty Rigs (1 min for 2 min up to 12 hours - 1 for 1 after 12 hours. (Applies to Naps/CDO's)

Min Day Credits (3:45 per day - soon to increase a bit with the PBS agreement)

Trade for day less trips (Although useless recently)

No Furlough prior to 11/07 hire dates. (Hopefully a new no furlough can come of this new CBA)

Commuter Policy (1 flight with 1 seat available for sale to get you there in a "reasonable time" for duty in)

Max Scheduled duty days - Vary on duty in times.
Report Time Maximum Scheduled Duty Time
0400-0559 12:30 hours
0600-1459 14:00 hours
1500-2159 13:30 hours
2200-0359 11:00 hours

New full brokerage account for retirement stuff

Things to work on:

Scheduling Language

Sick pay accrual

Reserve Utilization. Currently we have a 12 (top 20% of reservists must get this I think) hour a 2 hour and an 8 hour ready reserve. There are limits on the number of conversions but it is way too many.

Get extension/jr man pay up to 200% so they have a reason to offer daily opentime over extensions instead of hiding it.

------------------------------------------------------
These are my off the top of the head observations. Anyone else have any insight? On ASA's stuff or XJT's?

Relevant sections from ASA's Scope section pertaining to mergers:

1.E. Merger Protection
Unless otherwise agreed, the following provisions will apply in the event of a Successorship Transaction in which the successor is an air carrier or is an affiliate of an air carrier, or in which the Company acquires control of another air carrier and the Company makes a decision to merge the acquired carrier.
1. The integration of the seniority lists of the respective pilot groups will be governed by the Association Merger Policy if both pre-transaction pilot groups are represented by the Association. If the other pre-transaction group is not represented by the Association, then Sections 3 and 13 of the Allegheny-Mohawk Labor Protective Provisions (LPPs) will apply. The successor or the Company, as appropriate, will accept the integrated seniority list, including any conditions and restrictions, established through Association Merger Policy or LPP proceedings, as applicable; and
2. The respective pilot collective bargaining agreements will be merged into one (1) agreement as the result of negotiations among the pilot groups and the successor or Company. If a fully merged agreement is not reached within four (4) months from the date a final and binding integrated pilot seniority list is issued, the parties will jointly submit outstanding issues to binding interest arbitration; and
3. The aircraft (including orders and options to purchase aircraft) and the operations of each pre-transaction airline will remain separate until such time as both the pilot seniority lists are integrated and the pilot collective bargaining agreements are combined in accordance with paragraphs E.1. and E.2.
4. Pending the merger of the pre-transaction carriers and the pilot collective bargaining agreements and seniority lists, no pilot on the pilots’ seniority list will be furloughed or reduced in status, as a result of the merger. The Company will have the burden to establish that a furlough was not the result of the merger.
5. Unless and until any operational merger is finally effectuated, the Association will continue to be recognized as the representative of the pre-merger Company pilots, so long as such recognition is consistent with the Railway Labor Act and any applicable rulings or orders of the National Mediation Board. Recognition of a post-merger representative will be governed by the Railway Labor Act and by any applicable rulings or orders of the National Mediation Board.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, off the top of my head here are a few XJT highlights in comparison:

-3.75 min pay per day
-No duty rigs
-Great Vacation
-No PBS
-Online trip trading, great for improving even the worst schedules
-Online Advertising drop/pickup
-commuter policy 2 flights within 30 min of show
-max scheduled duty time 13.5 for any show time
-100% 401k match (maximum % based on yos between 4 and 8% i beilieve) plus we have a defined contribution plan on top of that with T Rowe Price
-EPO 90 health plans
-5 hrs sick pay per month
-no limit to sick time usage
-fatigue calls are ASAP and paid out in sick time
-12 days off min for lineholders and 12 for reserves on 31 day month and 11 on 30 day month
-10% of reserve lines are long call (12 hrs)
-4 hour airport stanby for 4 hours of pay (max 6 per month with no consecutive days allowed)
-overnights over 15 hours must be in downtown location
-not phone liable on your trip even if on reserve
-150% pay for reassignments past original pairing termination and for Jr Man trips
-furloughs never get kicked off seniority list
-We were highest paid before the pay cuts in 08, I believe our CAs are still the highest paid for 50 seaters (still too low)

That is the main points I can think of for now, definitely room for improvement on both sides.

All the PBS work at ASA is most likely in the crapper now. I'm sure the Express guys, who outnumber ASA big time, will throw that thing out the window, much to the joy of a vocal minority at ASA.

All the PBS work at ASA is most likely in the crapper now. I'm sure the Express guys, who outnumber ASA big time, will throw that thing out the window, much to the joy of a vocal minority at ASA.
I hope so adios PBS!!! voted no!

Just wanted to clarify a few things...

Thanks for the info, off the top of my head here are a few XJT highlights in comparison:

-3.75 min pay per day
-No duty rigs
-Great Vacation
-No PBS
-Online trip trading, great for improving even the worst schedules
-Online Advertising drop/pickup
-commuter policy 2 flights within 30 min of show
-max scheduled duty time 13.5 for any show time
-100% 401k match (maximum % based on yos between 4 and 8% i beilieve) plus we have a defined contribution plan on top of that with T Rowe Price
-EPO 90 health plans
-5 hrs sick pay per month
-no limit to sick time usage This is great...bring in a Dr's note, excused sick call
-fatigue calls are ASAP and paid out in sick time
-12 days off min for lineholders and 12 for reserves on 31 day month and 11 on 30 day month
-10% of reserve lines are long call (12 hrs)
-4 hour airport stanby for 4 hours of pay (max 6 per month with no consecutive days allowed)
-overnights over 15 hours must be in downtown location They "clarified" that part of the contract
-not phone liable on your trip even if on reserve
-150% pay for reassignments past original pairing termination and for Jr Man trips
-furloughs never get kicked off seniority list
-We were highest paid before the pay cuts in 08, I believe our CAs are still the highest paid for 50 seaters (still too low)

That is the main points I can think of for now, definitely room for improvement on both sides.

Did I miss Bypass rights on reserve at Expressjet?

ASA has none.

Latest resources

Back