• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

XJT and Skywest in talks again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Allow me this: Good grief, much of this is all vector and no thrust.

Last edited:
Now, had the pilots accepted JA offer, would it have left you open for whipsaw? Sure. I believe it would have, too. Would it have actually happened? All you can do is speculate. See, I don't drink the kool-aid as much as you think.

Ah, but speculation is so much fun. Recent history may answer the question of what would have happened. Did ASA grow, shrink, or stagnate after the SKW buyout? Is the change at ASA commensurate with the change at SKW?

If there was no intention of using the whipsaw, then there would have been no need to ask for changes to the CBA.

Ah, but speculation is so much fun. Recent history may answer the question of what would have happened. Did ASA grow, shrink, or stagnate after the SKW buyout? Is the change at ASA commensurate with the change at SKW?

If there was no intention of using the whipsaw, then there would have been no need to ask for changes to the CBA.

Is ASA not the most improved airline over the past 6 months? Are they not enjoying bonus checks and such? Did they not complete their contract?

ASA needed a complete overhaul of their management and operations. Now that they have begun to do that, I feel they are in an excellent position to be a player in the market for any future growth there may be.

I believe that Stifler's Mom and USCTrojan would agree.

Did they not complete their contract?

Keep in mind that it took SKW management years before coming to an agreement with ASA pilots. It was only because the NMB required JA to be there at the final bargaining session and come to an agreement or deal with the ASA pilots being released to a cooling off period. If only they would have come to an agreement earlier they could have been benefiting from SKW's excellent operational performance.

Sorry for the thread drift but I just want to keep pointing out that considering the ASA contract negotiations and what SKW management wanted to do with XJT, they are simply anti-labor proven by their actions. Granted that there are many better examples of anti-labor management groups out there.

Last edited:
Is ASA not the most improved airline over the past 6 months? Are they not enjoying bonus checks and such? Did they not complete their contract?

ASA needed a complete overhaul of their management and operations. Now that they have begun to do that, I feel they are in an excellent position to be a player in the market for any future growth there may be.

I believe that Stifler's Mom and USCTrojan would agree.

Speedtape agrees! Not ready to sip the Kool-Aid yet but the PROOF IS in the Pudding! Give me a spoon-- the Kool-Aid is next!

The employee group was an untapped resource and fertile ground for change--we just needed Leadership! Brad Holt, and Skywest Inc, so far, has DELIVERED! That has been the difference!

Last edited:

Not arguing that. Did ASA not lose two bases? Did they not lose the CRJ900s they were supposed to get? Are they not smaller than they were?

Yes, operationally they have improved. But all growth has gone, continues to, and will continue to go to SKW (assuming there is any growth to be had anywhere).

[Delta Newsroom:
In response to rising fuel costs, the company is adding to previously announced plans to reduce domestic capacity by 10 percent year over year in the second half this year and now plans for total domestic capacity reductions of 13 percent in the second half of 2008. As previously announced, Delta plans to remove the equivalent of 15-20 mainline and 60-70 regional jet aircraft from its operation by the end of 2008.
http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=11094 ]

Our problem is not our operations (expect for terminal A in Newark, but that isn't up to us). And I'm tired of being told that I have to give up my hard won meager salary if I'm to keep my job, because at some point, it just isn't worth it anymore.

Speedtape agrees! Not ready to sip the Kool-Aid yet but the PROOF IS in the Pudding! Give me a spoon-- the Kool-Aid is next!
Mmmm...pudding sounds goooood.

However, if you want to stay in the same Utah vibe as the SkyWest Kool-Aid...allow me to suggest some Jell-O.

Latest resources

Back